"The acquisition of CERTPOINT not only completes the Infor HCM suite, it does so through a SaaS offering that enables rapid, low-cost deployment and frequent innovations in a business-critical area," concludes Constellation Research analyst Yvette Cameron.
In her March 4 blog post titled "News Analysis: Infor Adds SaaS LMS with Acquisition of CERTPOINT," Cameron assesses what Infor's agreement to acquire CERTPOINT Systems Inc. will means.
She writes: "The acquisition expands two key areas for Infor:
1. With the CERTPOINT acquisition, the Infor Human Capital Management (HCM) suite delivers a comprehensive end-to-end offering.
2. CERTPOINT fortifies Infor Healthcare solutions with critical learning capabilities."
Here are a few excerpts from Cameron's Point of View:
- "As Infor continues to move its HCM suite of products fully to the cloud … the acquisition of SaaS-based CERTPOINT completes the suite with solid LMS capabilities. And in today's global, virtual and mobile work environments, CERTPOINT's delivery of personalized electronic content to mobile devices is precisely the type of capabilities required for business performance."
- "From an end-to-end perspective, Infor is one of the few providers of HR Service Delivery (having acquired this from Lawson/Enwisen in 2011). The Infor Enwisen platform has served as a unifying solution across all Infor Lawson HCM products, delivering portal, knowledgebase and multi-tiered support across the suite. Integration with Enwisen will bring rapid value-add to CERTPOINT customers."
- "Infor gained a major presence in Healthcare with the acquisition of Lawson software in 2011, and so CERTPOINT's Healthcare industry solution is a natural launch point for showcasing the combined offering. Infor has, in fact has already begun this push, as it positions richer capabilities for the Healthcare industry as well as increased thought leadership with the hiring of a chief medical information officer (CMIO) to oversee the Infor Healthcare suite."
- "CERTPOINT clients will benefit over time from Infor's micro-vertical focus as this specialized knowledge infuses and expands the capabilities of its nine current vertical offerings."
- "The acquisition of CERTPOINT not only completes the Infor HCM suite, it does so through a SaaS offering that enables rapid, low-cost deployment and frequent innovations in a business-critical area."
- "Additionally, CERTPOINT provides support for the extended enterprise - training for partners, suppliers and customers - including eCommerce capabilities for companies that deliver training for profit. With Infor Ming.le, Infor's social platform still in development, CERTPOINT's social learning will also be a welcome and timely addition to the Infor HCM suite."
Yvette Cameron is VP and principal analyst for Constellation Research Inc.
Read "News Analysis: Infor Adds SaaS LMS with Acquisition of CERTPOINT"
Event Report: #InforSummit Reveals More Than a Redesigned Infor
Seven Ways Infor is Advancing HCM (Hint: Lawson is but One)