FARNBOROUGH - Jul 18, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, has confirmed that aerospace leader BAE Systems Military Air and Information (MAI) will standardize on Infor applications as part of a business transformation project that is expected to yield operational efficiency improvements and reduced licence costs. Currently at the solution design phase, the Infor Aerospace & Defense project is projected to go live in 2015 and will be rolled out across numerous locations in the UK.
- BAE Systems Military Air and Information (MAI) business unit became aware of the potential for efficiency benefits it could obtain through rationalizing its complex and customized portfolio, which consisted of several ERP systems and more than one hundred supporting applications.
- Driven by a realization that fewer applications can lead to simpler, faster, more efficient operations, a dedicated team was tasked with delivering a coherent, modern ERP platform with supporting functionality.
- The project is intended to drive transformation and help improve competitive position by delivering:
o Common processes
o One business system
o More efficient operations
o Faster decision making
o Collaborative working
o Accurate, detailed data
o Fit for purpose operations
- Building on a commercial relationship lasting over 15 years, BAE Systems has selected Infor LN as the central ERP system for the MAI business unit. In addition, BAE Systems will use Infor EAM and Infor Warehouse Mobility. Analysis and reporting will be handled by Infor BI and Infor Enterprise Performance Management (EPM). The applications will be integrated using Infor ION.
- BAE Systems chose Infor LN as it wanted an off-the-shelf product and sought an application that could be upgraded without the challenges inherent in upgrading more customized solutions. The solution will be applied across the BAE Systems MAI organization including on programs such as Typhoon, Hawk and the F-35 Lightning II.
BAE Systems Quote
This transformation project is born from the simple realization that fewer applications lead to easier management and less distraction from our core activities," said John Booth, BAE Systems' Head of Project. "The next step in that process is to standardize on applications that do not need customization to deliver the functionality we require, with a clear, simple upgrade path to help keep us competitive."
"BAE Systems MAI and other defense contractors must work smarter and faster than ever before in order to reduce the cost of defense projects in the face of ever tighter margins," said Arsenin Rodriguez, director of business consulting, Aerospace and Defense, Infor. "A trusted source of live, contextual information, delivered to the right person to help them make the best decisions is a cornerstone of competitive advantage. Infor provides this new level of business information to help companies like BAE Systems MAI win on the global defense stage."
"This project validates that Infor has gained significant momentum in the aerospace and defense industry with the latest release of Infor10x," said Edward Talerico, industry director, Aerospace and Defense, Infor. "Our ongoing innovation and investment in enterprise applications for customers is driven by continued collaboration with customers such as BAE Systems."
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers