FARNBOROUGH - Jul 12, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Seventh Generation, a manufacturer of environmentally-friendly household and personal care products, has successfully implemented Infor Demand Planning. Decision-makers at Seventh Generation selected the Infor application because its simple configuration can fulfill the company's unique forecasting needs and provide a more accurate picture of customer demand.
- To maintain steady product growth, Seventh Generation needed a flexible application that could adapt to meet changing business needs. Infor Demand Planning enables the company to modify its forecasting model more easily, allowing Seventh Generation to evolve future processes as the business continues to expand.
- Infor Demand Planning delivers the flexibility to manage data for more in-depth analysis. By providing greater visibility into the impact of forecast components such as baseline sales and promotions, the application allows the company to gain consensus on the forecast in the sales & operations planning process.
- Seventh Generation previously managed inputs from a total item level, but Infor Demand Planning now permits forecasting to occur at multiple levels such as by individual item per warehouse. For example, if a customer is organizing a promotion in the southeast, the company can now better anticipate the increase in demand and allocate the necessary amount of product to warehouses serving that area.
- Infor Demand Planning integrates with other third-party systems used by Seventh Generation to consolidate field sales inputs relative to baseline and promotional inventory volumes. This enables stakeholders to better evaluate product levels for more synchronized planning.
Seventh Generation Quote
"We've experienced steady growth over the past several years, and our established demand planning processes were no longer meeting our needs," said Chuck Adams, senior forecast analyst, Seventh Generation. "Infor Demand Planning accommodates our unique forecasting model and provides us with greater visibility into the key drivers of the forecast. We use the data from our Infor application to make better business decisions on a daily basis."
"Infor Demand Planning takes everything from seasonality to promotional events and lifecycle changes into account to help customers like Seventh Generation accurately forecast total demand," said John Bermudez, vice president, product management, Infor. "Together with our other applications like sales and operations planning, companies can create an end-to-end solution for more effective supply chain management with Infor."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Supply Chain Management - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/
- Infor Supply Chain Planning - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/planning/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About Seventh Generation
Established in 1988, Seventh Generation is a leading manufacturer of household and personal care products that help protect both the environment and human health. The privately held company distributes products to supermarkets, online retailers and natural food stores across the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.seventhgeneration.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers