NEW YORK - Sep 16, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced Infor Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Innovator - powered by Aras. Delivered in partnership with Aras, Infor PLM Innovator is a highly scalable, flexible and secure cloud-based solution for Infor customers around the world. Available now in limited release, Infor PLM Innovator will provide the Infor 10x user experience and be integrated through Infor ION® with Infor SyteLine and Infor LN.
Infor PLM Innovator goes beyond the capabilities of standalone PLM products to unite the entire product lifecycle, helping to provide a comprehensive view that enables enterprises to accelerate product realization from design and manufacturing to purchasing, quality, and supply chain. Capturing data flow between Infor enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications, Infor PLM Innovator supports strategic business processes including product development, new product introduction, systems engineering, quality compliance, and global manufacturing.
Infor PLM Innovator - powered by Aras is:
- Advanced - A single, modern Web framework with an open architecture and a comprehensive PLM solution suite that extends beyond product data management to provide end-to-end product lifecycle management throughout the enterprise and extended supply chain.
- Flexible - Drag and drop customization enables the software to adapt to company specific requirements with real-time agility and the ability to change at the speed of business.
- Scalable - Scales up and out to support multinational enterprises as well as midsize businesses with expanding requirements across the supply chain, including managing petabytes of complex computer aided design (CAD) data and documentation.
- Secure - Compliance-grade security protects valuable intellectual property with customizable role-based permissions, authentication and access control functionality that enables sharing of information across the enterprise and with suppliers, partners and customers, confidently.
"By teaming up with Infor we are able to reach a wider range of customers with our enterprise PLM suite, and deliver an integrated experience to Infor customers worldwide," said Peter Schroer, CEO of Aras. "Our partnership gives companies a subscription-based PLM option that's highly scalable and can be deployed in data center, Cloud or hybrid scenarios with compliance-grade security."
"When manufacturers experience limited visibility across the product lifecycle, they are not equipped to speed time to market or enhance the quality of their products," said Soma Somasundaram, executive vice president, Global Product Development, Infor. "Infor PLM Innovator delivers the necessary tools to create a unified view of production, from conception to the supply chain. Organizations across multiple industries, whether it's discrete manufacturing or automotive, can leverage this technology to optimize each step within each process, ultimately creating time and cost savings for the company."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Aras offers the best Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for global businesses with complex products and processes. Advanced PLM platform technology makes Aras more scalable, flexible and secure for the world's largest organizations, and a full set of applications provide complete functionality for companies of all sizes. Customers include GE, GETRAG, Hitachi, Honda, Motorola, TEVA Pharmaceuticals, Textron and XEROX. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass. For more information, please visit www.aras.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.