NEW YORK - Sep 17, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of enterprise business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced that Brasil Norte Bebidas (BNB), part of the Grupo Simões, based in Manaus in the state of Amazonas in Brazil has successfully implemented Infor Network Design. The solution Infor Network Design is helping the company to better analyze the market and identify the best distribution routes to invest more efficiently.
BNB, a Coca Cola franchise in the northern region of Brazil, is responsible of the distribution of products in remote areas, either by road or by water. Their greatest challenge before acquiring Infor´s solution was to determine the best sites to open distribution centers. Infor Network Design was what they needed to optimize efficiency of their logistic operations, helping to control materials purchased and distribution of finished products.
- BNB needed a solution for better analysis and decision making for supply chain operations. Infor Network Design provides the tools needed to design the optimal supply chain network and adapt and model the processes.
- Simulations and modeling by Infor Network Design provided scenarios that helped to identify best operating options for the BNB supply chain.
- Infor´s solution is ideal for the beverage market sector, enabling a better use of assets, reducing supply chain costs, decreasing cycle times, lowering inventory levels, decreasing carbon emissions, and enhancing customer service.
- The return on investment was realized in approximately one year, considering that the use of the application helped simulate scenarios quickly to optimize processes and facilitate investing where it is most needed.
- BNB achieved more synergy between production operations with the new application.
"We are now able to visualize all costs of the supply network, thus showing us where to act to enhance transport operations," states Oskar Fritz, industrial projects coordinator, BNB. "We continue to optimize projects with Infor Network Design, and we will open new production lines and a new distribution center soon. Simulations and modeling will continue helping us to improve our business."
"With Infor Network Design, companies such as BNB get the tools they need to design the optimal supply chain network and adapt the network to keep pace with changes in the business. They better utilize assets, reduce supply chain costs, decrease cycle times, lower inventory levels, decrease carbon emissions, and enhance customer service," states Yanco Takahasi, BNB project manager, Infor.
Brasil Norte Bebidas (BNB) is part of the Grupo Simões, founded in 1943. Currently, the Beverage Area of the Group has approximately 60,000 customers in the northern region of Brazil. It has been a Coca Cola franchise since 1970, and also markets other brands such as Fanta, Kuat, Sprite, Del Valle Mais, Del Valle Kapo, Del Valle Fruit, Burn, Schweppes, among others. It also produces 60,000 bottles per hour. Visit www.gruposimoes.com.br.
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers