NEW YORK - Dec 18, 2012
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Bangla Trac Limited, which operates under the name Banglacat, an exclusive dealer for Caterpillar engines and equipment in the People's Republic of Bangladesh, has completed its implementation of Infor M3 for Equipment. The M3 solution, composed of scalable applications critical to the equipment industry including Supply Chain Execution, Warehouse Mobility, Sales Management and Financial Accounting, is helping Banglacat increase visibility of critical business information, support the smooth flow of data between departments and streamline time-worn processes.
- Banglacat selected Infor because of the company's deep industry expertise and longstanding history working with equipment organizations. Executives at Banglacat felt that Infor truly understood the company's business model and would be an integral partner in supporting future growth.
- Infor's specialized applications made for a faster and more efficient installation at Banglacat. Completed in two phases, all milestones and deliverables were completed on time and on budget.
- Infor M3 for Equipment will streamline key information from sales, service, warranty, finance, and rental departments within a single, central business system - helping reduce costs and data redundancies through a more efficient use of resources.
- Infor M3 for Equipment will help Banglacat provide better customer service through a real-time flow of information that captures and utilizes valuable data at each point of the equipment lifecycle. With more control and visibility, staff will have one version of the truth that runs throughout the organization. And, with peak intelligence and service knowledge, Banglacat can deliver even more value to its partners and customers.
- Additionally, Banglacat is taking advantage of the Infor M3 for Equipment system's use of Caterpillar-specific interfaces for automating service, parts ordering, parts shipment sales, and warranty.
- Infor M3 for Equipment also supports the operational departments at Banglacat by allowing them to enter information directly into the system, automating financial entries for cost accounting and accounts payable, and reducing the need for the finance team to request data from other departments, which streamlines the process and keeps staff on task.
Bangla Trac Limited (Banglacat) Quote
"In order to continue to grow our business and deliver quality customer service, we needed to put a solution in place that would give us information from any part of the business, and across any department, at the time of decision-making," said Nazim A. Haque, managing director and CEO, Bangla Trac Limited (Banglacat). "We found Infor to be the best fit for a Caterpillar equipment dealer like us, with a flexible system that is designed around our industry-specific business activities. Now we have the transparency and accountability necessary to plan and optimize resources better, which means that we can do a better job for our customers."
"Equipment dealers operate in an extremely competitive and challenging market, so we're working to continually refine and innovate our solutions to provide our customers with the information they need to make critical decisions across all business units," said Mark Wright, executive vice president, Infor. "Recent investments, like the creation of our center for excellence focused on the equipment industry in Sweden, are a testament to our commitment to educate ourselves on what our customers are facing, so we can better help them operate more strategically and profitably in the years ahead with our applications."
- Infor Equipment - www.infor.com/industries/equipment/equipment-dealerships/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About Bangla Trac Limited
Bangla Trac Limited, which operates under the name Banglacat, has been an exclusive dealer for Caterpillar engines and equipment in the People's Republic of Bangladesh since 2004. Headquartered in Dhaka, Banglacat operates four branch offices that provide Caterpillar equipment for businesses across the country. In addition to its range of electric power generators, Banglacat also provides a full range of Caterpillar machines, engines, and rental services throughout Bangladesh. To learn more, visit www.banglacat.com.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.