NEW YORK - May 02, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Buncombe County, located in North Carolina, has successfully implemented Infor Lawson Enterprise Management System 10 to achieve and maintain more accurate visibility and control over its finances.
A customer since 2000, Buncombe County has worked with Infor on several beta products and releases in the past, and has been repeatedly impressed by the team's responsiveness. When Infor was looking for beta customers to upgrade version 10 of the Infor Lawson applications, Buncombe County volunteered to participate once again and continue the strong relationship between the two teams.
Buncombe County saw numerous benefits upgrading to version 10 including:
- A reduced need to modify standard reports - As part of the upgrade, Buncombe County is deploying Infor Smart Reports, which will reduce the need to modify and create additional reports by transforming standard reports so they are more accessible, usable and flexible - providing increased user satisfaction for the staff.
- A more streamlined workflow and approval processes - Buncombe County is leveraging Infor Process Automation to create workflows that will streamline functions within Finance, Human Resources and IT, resulting in better communication throughout departments.
- Greater flexibility to configure applications - Buncombe County plans to use the Infor Landmark Configuration Console to drive more value from their Infor applications by tailoring them to the organization's specific needs and business processes.
- Increased staff productivity - With Infor Smart Office, Buncombe County anticipates that staff will be more productive due to the availability of content, tools, and information needed to help users work in a more effective and dynamic manner.
- Improved upgrade - Infor's Skip Upgrade applications made for a smoother upgrade at Buncombe County. Through faster and more automated upgrade processes, IT can provide enhanced service and focus on expanding capabilities like planning for new mobile applications in the near future.
Buncombe County Quote
"Infor Lawson Financials is used by every department and employee in our organization, and will allow us to automate and streamline multiple functions so we can support other more critical tasks," said Sherri Banks, systems analyst, Buncombe County. "Now we have tools and functionality that will allow our staff to increase productivity, share information more effectively, make decisions faster, and provide an enhanced level of service to our employees and constituents."
"Organizations today often face conflicting pressures to reduce costs while providing increased service," said Darci Snyder, VP Product Management, Infor. "Infor Lawson Enterprise Management System 10 provides our customers with the right financial information, in context, that they need to adapt quickly to emerging issues while still ensuring accountability through efficient, standardized processes that improve accounting, budgeting, sourcing and procurement processes."
About Buncombe County
Buncombe County Government's mission is to promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life and an effective and efficient government our citizens can trust. Our workforce is committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers