NEW YORK - Dec 30, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Central Georgia Health System (CGHS) in Macon, Ga. will implement a suite of Infor applications designed specifically for healthcare organizations to transform business processes across their capital, financial, supply chain, and clinical departments and units.
Applications specialized for Healthcare, including Infor Human Capital Management, Infor Corporate Performance Management, Infor Lawson Enterprise Financial Management, Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management, Infor Lawson Business Intelligence and Analytics, Infor Cloverleaf Integration and Information Exchange Suite, and Infor Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management, will help CGHS standardize, centralize, and automate business processes across the CGHS network. In addition, Infor ION will provide a secure reservoir and business vault for past transaction data, that will provide the health system a platform to more easily connect and integrate application information. The CGHS health team will be able to mine data for more flexible, powerful reporting, business intelligence and analytics.
- CGHS was looking to replace siloed technology across the organization, and chose to partner with Infor to integrate, improve and standardize processes. Infor was the right partner because of the company's strong expertise in the healthcare industry, proven track record for helping organizations achieve goals and flexibility of solutions available to service the organization's needs.
- Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management will help CGHS reduce paperwork, follow-up, and administrative duties at individual hospitals and across the network. Through these new tools, the organization will be able to spend more time on strategic activities, such as inventory optimization, value analysis, and vendor and service contract administration.
- Staff at CGHS will be able to reduce time-consuming manual administrative tasks related to the HR function with Infor Healthcare. Infor Enwisen HR Service Delivery, Infor Talent Management and Infor Human Resource Management will automate and standardize processes for CGHS to help optimize resources by shifting staff hours from paper processes and administrative tasks to more critical employee relations matters. The Infor Cloverleaf Integration and Information Exchange Suite will help simplify the exchange of healthcare data at CGHS, with partners, and across the community of care. These leading clinical integration technologies create a sustainable foundation to proactively manage, coordinate, and share data across the care continuum to help improve quality and care outcomes.
- CGHS will also benefit from Infor Lawson Enterprise Financial Management by improving business transparency, strengthening the financial discipline, improving business processes and reducing costs. Applications will work together and share common master data where appropriate.
Central Georgia Health System Quote
"Our health system needed a new structure in place that would help us connect fragmented processes among departments and give us one place to source accurate information. Infor Healthcare is able to provide those tools for us," said Rhonda Perry, chief financial officer, CGHS. "We're looking forward to improving service delivery to internal and external customers, providing better data to decision makers and stakeholders at all levels and really improving efficiency when it comes to operations."
"Having accurate and timely data is of utmost importance when it comes to the healthcare industry," said Mike Poling, vice president, Healthcare, Infor. "Infor Healthcare and its specialized applications offer a more complete picture of an organization, providing a single, reliable source for all data, and giving decision makers the confidence and insight they need, when they need it, to deliver on the mission of high-quality, affordable care."
About Central Georgia Health System
Central Georgia Health System (CGHS) was incorporated on November 17, 1994, as a nonprofit corporation whose primary purpose is to coordinate The Medical Center of Central Georgia (MCCG) and other affiliated entities, in their mission of providing a comprehensive range of high-quality, reasonably priced health care services to the central and south Georgia community. Currently, these other entities include Carlyle Place, Central Georgia Home Care Services, Central Georgia Rehabilitation Hospital, Health Services of Central Georgia, Medcen Community Health Foundation, Pine Pointe Hospice & Palliative Care and The Medical Center of Peach County.
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers