NEW YORK - Jul 18, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the Care New England Health System (CNE), serving the southeastern New England community, has selected Infor Healthcare to standardize, centralize, and automate business processes. Infor Healthcare is an integrated solution that will provide CNE with real-time access to information to help CNE automate processes, increase efficiencies and gain better and quicker access to information.
- Looking to support a fourth hospital in the network, CNE turned to Infor to help better manage business processes that their old technology platform could not handle. In addition, the team at CNE agreed with Infor's implementation methodology and best practices approach.
- CNE needed a flexible, easy to implement solution and the team was very impressed with Infor and its reputation in the marketplace. The Infor Healthcare suite of applications is expected to change the way a large portion of employees do daily work, including the entire administrative support staff at all of CNE's facilities.
- Infor Cloverleaf will provide CNE with secure clinical integration messaging, monitoring, archiving, resiliency, and more cost-efficient interoperability via industry-standard protocols and web services. Through this application, the organization can aggregate disparate patient information systems and data, inside and out, across a wide array of source systems, message formats, and transmission protocols.
- In addition, Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management for Healthcare will help CNE optimize spending by reducing mundane paperwork, follow-up, and administrative duties, freeing the supply chain staff to spend more time on strategic activities, such as inventory optimization, value analysis and vendor and service contract administration.
- Enhanced data and information will help optimize process execution, insight, and decision making with in-context business intelligence.
Care New England Health System Quote
"Infor Healthcare was the right choice for us because of the company's reputation in the industry and proven track record helping organizations in the industry to achieve great business results," said Dr. Cedric Priebe, chief information officer, Care New England Health System. "Recently, our organization reached Stage 6 on the HIMSS Analytics EMR Adoption Model that tracks EMR progress at hospitals and health systems. Infor Healthcare is among the application implementations that are critical to our health system's continued journey to HMISS EMR Adoption Model Stage 7."
"Whether it be a multi-site hospital or healthcare specialty provider, the ability to move from silo-driven data to hospital-wide information simultaneously across the enterprise is important to any organizations success," said Mike Poling, vice president, Healthcare, Infor. "Infor Healthcare provides a single, reliable source of information, and even when drawn from multiple systems across the organization, healthcare providers will receive powerful, industry-specific intelligence."
About Care New England Health System
Care New England, located in Rhode Island, was founded in 1996 by Butler Hospital, Kent Hospital and Women & Infants Hospital. Care New England is an integrated health care system that offers a continuum of quality care. The system includes primary care and specialty physicians; two teaching hospitals affiliated with Brown Medical School, Butler and Women & Infants; a community hospital, Kent; a visiting nurse and home care agency, the VNA of Care New England; and Care New England Wellness Center. For more information, visit carenewengland.org.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers