NEW YORK - Apr 23, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Carolina Wholesale Group will upgrade to the latest version of Infor Distribution SX.e and implement Infor ION to integrate the application with its third-party solutions. An Infor customer since 2003, the national distributor of office machines and supplies elected to update their technology to better manage an evolving business model and help eliminate disparate systems using ION, Infor's innovative purpose-built middleware solution. NSA Computer Exchange Corp., an Infor channel partner, will continue to work directly with Carolina Wholesale.
- New modules in Infor Distribution SX.e are expected to allow Carolina Wholesale to increase operational efficiency by improving process management. The freight module will help deliver more accurate quoting for freight costs, enabling improved budgeting for one of the company's largest outgoing expenses. The inventory replenishment module delivers user-friendly workflows, dashboards to automate product tracking and creates easy access to available inventory.
- Infor ION will enable Infor Distribution SX.e to work with Carolina Wholesale's existing third-party CRM to create enhanced B2B marketing tools that are automatically linked to product information. The customer-facing company website will be connected to SX.e so consumers can more easily view real-time data on available products, helping to increase online sales.
- The application will automate credit card processing and update paid order information in accounting, helping to increase efficiency for the accounts payable department.
- Infor Distribution SX.e will also automate processes for Carolina Wholesale's purchasing department, which will help free up time for employees to speak with vendors and perform value-add tasks. The application delivers key tools for day-to-day efficiency to help reduce overall operations costs.
- Carolina Wholesale also plans to implement the Infor Total Warehouse Logistics (TWL) package in the upcoming year to enable a mobile warehouse. This is expected to provide users with more accurate inventory data, improved order fill rates and real-time access to relevant information from tablets or mobile devices.
Carolina Wholesale Group Quote
"While our current version has always been effective for managing the business, we have evolved and now need more advanced technology that can help us make smarter decisions," said Robert Collins, vice president and CFO, Carolina Wholesale Group. "The latest version of Infor Distribution SX.e will automatically determine which of our warehouses orders will ship from based on current inventory levels and customer location. This will help enable better decisions for order processing without requiring more time from our staff."
"Continuing to work with our Infor channel partner, NSA Computer Exchange Corp., was another large factor in our decision to upgrade because they have been a great business partner to Carolina Wholesale over the past ten years. They are extremely responsive to our needs and possess in-depth knowledge about their Infor product offerings," said Collins.
"Infor Distribution solutions provide customers like Carolina Wholesale Group with the ability to control complex operations at multiple sites," said Andy Berry, general manager, distribution, Infor. "With built-in workflows for purchasing and inventory, we are committed to helping distributors better manage their warehouses by driving optimization and increasing efficiency."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
About Carolina Wholesale Group
Carolina Wholesale Group is one of the largest office machine and supply distributors in the country. With five distribution centers carrying more than 10,000 active items from over 100 manufacturers, the company serves the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit www.cwholesale.com.
About NSA Computer Exchange Corp.
Founded in 1984, NSA provides Infor Distribution solutions and a wide range of project management and consulting services to small to mid-sized distributors. With in-depth knowledge in all areas of the distribution business, from inventory and warehouse management to accounting and business intelligence, the NSA team works side-by-side with customers to manage all aspects of the implementation project. For more information, visit www.nsacom.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers