NEW YORK - Dec 16, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Infor Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Enterprise Edition version 11.0 to help drive collaboration and innovation. The latest iteration is specifically designed to provide users with considerable gains in its ease of use. The upgrades allow users to better leverage technology and make actionable decisions in real time. Infor EAM v11 embraces the cross-departmental structure and provides a better way to orchestrate people, assets and processes to advance visibility and value.
The core upgrades include a modern user interface (UI), improved mobility and analytics, "zero downtime" upgrade capability and an enhanced safety management module. Infor EAM v11 incorporates the latest Infor technology innovations of the Infor 10x platform and broad support for Infor Ming.le™. Infor EAM v11 was purposefully designed to improve upon the basic problems that are commonly faced with managing assets.
JBT Aerotech Quote
"With Infor EAM v11 our users are no longer limited to working from a desktop, a windows computer or a particular browser. Instead, they are able to access the data in our system at virtually anytime, on a wider array of devices or browsers," said Stephen Tatton, director of business systems & new technology, JBT Aerotech. "Infor has provided us with a suite of EAM tools that fit our needs and help save us time and money."
Key enhancements include:
- Rich Aesthetic Development - This latest release has taken a pivotal step forward in user friendliness by offering inherent support for a wider variety of Internet browsers. Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10, Safari and Google Chrome are among the browsers that are supported for Infor EAM v11. The solution also features converted front-end requirements, allowing users to run applications on a 100 percent HTML 5 web client. This benefits users by providing them with an open environment for applications to be deployed, while also helping to stabilize the application platform. This modern approach provides users with access to high-definition videos, faster data entry and better information feeds to help boost overall user productivity.
- Zero Downtime Upgrade - Infor EAM v11 offers an option for zero downtime, which enables a product upgrade to occur while users are simultaneously engaging the software. In most cases, the applications will continue running, uninterrupted regardless of an update to the solution or database, change to the operating system (OS), movement of the application from an on-premises deployment to the cloud or archiving of large volumes of data. This feature is designed so that users will not notice a difference in their experience until after their activities are completed, at which point, the subsequent upgrades will take effect.
- Enhanced Safety Management Module - Infor EAM v11 features a safety management module that is designed to identify potential hazardous situations, materials and activities. The solution delivers a method of control for users working with such risks to protect both people and the environment. The module uses the three pillars of safety tabs, lockout/tagout (LOTO) and permitting to manage asset welfare. The safety tabs allow users to predefine hazards and precautions, whereas the LOTO process is used to help ensure that dangerous equipment is properly shut off during maintenance work; and the permitting capability adds a greater range for control for the overall execution.
- Equipment Configuration - Infor EAM v11 also introduces Equipment Configuration, which is comprised of two functions: equipment configurations and equipment generation. This enhancement allows users to define what the new equipment will look like, including the actual equipment, the asset, position or system. After configuration users can then begin the generation process, and create the equipment structure. This process is not only user friendly but also saves time and promotes greater accuracy.
- Checklists - The latest version of Infor EAM includes the checklists feature to provide an advanced level of task detail to identify what maintenance steps have not been completed. The checklists function helps to solve issues that are associated with data collection, and now provides users with the ability to break down the tasks into individual steps to better manage individual processes. This provides Infor EAM v11 users with a greater level of visibility into everyday functions of asset management.
- Mobility & Business Intelligence - The solution includes Infor EAM Analytics, an application to maximize applied business intelligence and data visualization. Paired with Infor EAM Mobile, an innovative application for the Apple iPad, the solution offers a well-rounded and agile approach for utilizing actionable insights. The combination of these applications provides a harmonized experience for managing business processes.
- Part Conditions - Many industries maintain parts under various conditions. Transit does this for tires, oil and gas does this for tubulars, and others simply use it to store away multiple user-definable states of condition for their parts. Extended features for Infor EAM v11 provides users with much more capability to naturally incorporate varying part conditions into their business process, in the office and in the field.
ARC Advisory Group Quote
"The dramatic gains in ease-of-use with Infor EAM v11 should provide enhanced productivity and effectiveness for those involved with maintenance planning and execution - which translates into higher uptime and reliability at lower costs," said Ralph Rio, research director, ARC Advisory Group. "This release clearly exhibits the benefits of the Hook & Loop design team, user advisory groups, and HTML 5 technology."
"Infor EAM v11 is designed to change the way our customers work by empowering them with Infor 10x functionality, which includes the SoHo user experience, mobile deployment options and social collaboration support via Infor Ming.le," said Kevin Price, product director, Infor EAM. "Re-designed with the consumer in mind, this latest version will help businesses to better align asset management initiatives with overall business goals, and provide their employees with a system that is both functional and beautiful."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.