NEW YORK - Sep 17, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced Infor Education Alliances Initiative and the Infor Scholars Program, a learning and collaboration program to power next-generation leaders and businesses. Infor Education Alliances is available to three groups: institutions of education, non-profit associations, and industry associations to leverage within education and training activities. Inaugural alliance members include Brandeis International Business School, Baruch College and New York City College of Technology (City Tech) of The City University of New York (CUNY), The University of Texas at Arlington, The University of Texas at Austin, University of Parma, Italy, and the New York Urban League.
Infor Education Alliances provide an opportunity for bright students to develop employable skills working with groundbreaking technology that is helping transform work for Infor's more than 73,000 customers worldwide. Infor is offering access to specialized cloud-based software packages and training materials, providing opportunities to innovate.
"Immersive experiences built around Infor's innovative software will give the next generation of workers and businesses comprehensive knowledge of next-generation capabilities, including powerful social collaboration, deep industry-specific functionality, and fully functional user experience design, as well as the opportunity to shape the next wave of business software," said Charles Phillips, CEO of Infor.
Infor Education Alliances includes five learning initiatives:
- Infor Scholars Program - Infor and Infor Partners in Education will provide internships that enable students to work directly with their strategic teams to gain comprehensive and practical business experience and professional development training.
- Infor Solution Endowments - Infor will provide software and training materials for professors to integrate into classroom learning and project/lab work, giving students the hand-on experience and innovative learning opportunities to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Centers of Excellence - Infor will collaborate with institutions to set up or integrate into existing development environments, micro-vertical ecosystems and research collaborations with Infor Product Development and Dynamic Science Labs teams.
- Infor Product Accreditation & Certification - Participants can pursue self-directed training to achieve product certification through Infor Campus demonstrating their proficiency on Infor products and giving them an advantage competing for employment opportunities.
- Skills Marketplace - Trained and certified participants can connect with prospective employers, including a broad community of Infor customers and partners, as well as Infor corporate.
"When minorities fall behind in technology, inequities multiply and access to a growing job sector is thwarted, impeding economic growth," said Arva Rice, president & CEO, The New York Urban League. "Partnering with Infor will help us provide committed youth from low-income communities greater access to technology, in-depth career exploration, mentoring within STEM-related fields, and internship opportunities."
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers