NEW YORK - Nov 01, 2012
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that luxury motor yacht manufacturer Fairline Boats will extend its ERP investment with an upgrade to Infor SyteLine. The project is part of an ongoing program of business transformation at Fairline which is set to radically reshape its manufacturing processes in order to improve customer service and drive growth.
- Fairline Boats is a luxury motor yacht manufacturer with manufacturing facilities in Northamptonshire, United Kingdom.
- Fairline is evolving to a flexible production schedule using cellular manufacturing and production lines. This has led to a major re-engineering of business processes across all manufacturing facilities and a wide range of business functions including production, shop floor data capture, material movements and supply chain planning.
- As part of this major business transformation program, Fairline will upgrade its current SyteLine application.
- Fairline anticipates that this upgrade will enable them to cut 99 per cent of the customizations made to the current version of the SyteLine application.
- The improved usability of the upgraded SyteLine (especially the enhanced integration and extraction of data) will enable Fairline to eliminate these application modifications and maintain a viable upgrade path for future growth.
- Fairline will also deploy the Infor SyteLine WorkBench reporting tool and anticipates an improvement in business intelligence and analytics, enabling managers to focus resources more accurately.
- Following the integration of SyteLine into the new manufacturing operations, it will be extended out into the Fairline supply chain.
Fairline Boats Quote
"We are embarking on a radical transformation program designed to make Fairline more agile and better able to serve our customers," said Dominic Ruscillo, head of IT, Fairline Boats Limited. "As this in turn will drive growth, we needed a system that was not only flexible but scalable to meet the increased demand that will be placed on it."
"We anticipate substantial savings from the upgrade to SyteLine and the fact that we will not have to replicate our modifications, but more importantly the application will future proof our manufacturing operations as we push for growth in our key markets."
"The luxury yacht market is undergoing a great deal of change, so speed in responding to new demands is vital to achieve a competitive edge," said Andrew Kinder, director, industry marketing, Infor.
"Manufacturers such as Fairline know that they need to be agile and responsive in a challenging market. A critical part of this is the simplification of the IT that underpins business processes, and this is precisely what SyteLine offers."
For more information on Infor products, services and key industries, visit www.infor.com.
- Infor SyteLine - www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/sl/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.