NEW YORK - Jun 23, 2015
Infor, the industry cloud company, today announced that Hurtigruta Carglass, a provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, owned by UK-based Belron Group, has successfully deployed Infor M3. As part of a business improvement program, Infor M3 is expected to drive greater control and visibility of business processes, boost productivity and ensure efficiencies across the company's Oslo-based headquarters and 42 branches across Norway.
- Hurtigruta Carglass selected Infor M3 In order to achieve greater visibility and control across its business processes, deliver efficiencies and establish a robust platform for future growth and development.
- Infor M3 was selected following a tender process. Infor M3 was chosen on the basis of Infor partner Merit Consulting being a suitable implementation partner, and that Infor M3 could provide all of the capabilities Hurtigruta Carglass required based on standard functionality.
- Merit Consulting delivered the application as part of a two-phase deployment. The first saw Hurtigruta's headquarters and two branches go live, while the remaining 40 branches went live as part of the second phase.
- Hurtigruta's orders, including those from insurers, come in either directly to its central call center or via its branch network. Using Infor M3, queries are expected to be managed more efficiently, and orders processed much faster.
- Other key benefits include improved stock control and integrated ordering of parts which in turn is set to deliver enhanced procurement and substantial efficiencies.
- The enhanced planning capabilities in Infor M3 mean that productivity in Hurtigruta's branches can be improved substantially. Stock availability is aligned closely to demand, and through having robust schedules, teams are motivated and can work more effectively.
"Our business is very labor intensive, therefore any improvement to productivity in our branches can have a substantial impact on the bottom line," comments Einar Laheld, Operations Director, Hurtigruta Carglass. "Infor M3 facilitates better visibility, order processing and planning, enabling us to drive efficiencies across a number of key areas."
"We initially looked at Infor M3 as an 'outsider' in our tender process, assuming that it would be too big and potentially too complex for our business. How wrong we were. Working with Merit we quickly developed great confidence in Infor M3, specifically its ability to harness complexity to provide a tailored, seamless experience for the user. We now feel we have a solid foundation from which to move to our next project and pursue our business improvement projects."
"One of our key beliefs is that while complexity is absolutely necessary in a large enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, the user's experience should be anything but complex," comments Einar Broch, Sales Director for Infor in Norway. "Our applications are industry-specific which means they can be tailored to fit the needs of a specific vertical, crucially without the need for extensive customizations which are both costly and inconvenient to the organization. Equipped with this foundation Hurtigruta is well placed to pursue its ambitions in the most efficient way possible."
Merit is a leading provider of consulting services and software for business processes and implementation of ERP systems, with a focus on Infor M3. Merit offers customer higher competitiveness through the implementation and operation of modern and integrated standard solutions.
Keep Current on Infor:
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 18 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 18 of the 20 largest U.S. cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 15 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
- 21 of the top 30 global banks
- 6 of the 10 largest global hotel brands
- 6 of the top 10 global luxury brands