NEW YORK - Jan 23, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, announced today that Madison and Standard Electric companies have selected Infor Distribution SX.e. Family-owned and operated for 100 years, both companies will harness the Infor application to enhance employee processes as well as customer and vendor experiences. Infor Distribution SX.e will also accommodate expanding operations and assist the companies in future growth.
Decision-makers chose the Infor system because of its out-of-the-box functionality that is tailored specifically for electrical, plumbing and HVAC distribution micro-verticals. As two of the leading distributors in their industry, Madison and Standard Electric recognized that the Infor solutions and resources will transform employee operations and facilitate efficiency, growth and a more competitive stance within the market.
- Infor Distribution SX.e will provide visibility across both Madison Electric and Standard Electric. This enables better, more informed business decisions by equipping leaders with real-time insight into critical data from both sides.
- Infor Distribution SX.e delivers intuitive enterprise search functionality similar to today's consumer-grade search engines that will allow users to rank, save settings and filter results. This facilitates greater efficiency within daily tasks and creates faster response times for customer requests by enabling easier location of product, customer and supplier data.
- With personalized business intelligence tools and in-depth, real-time reporting, Infor Distribution SX.e will act as a catalyst for company growth. This is achieved through the decision-makers, who are now able to better identify areas for potential budgetary savings or expansion.
- Madison Electric and Standard Electric will also implement Infor ION and Infor Ming.le in the future to further enhance inter and intra-business communication. Infor Ming.le will appeal to the companies' new generation of employees and facilitate reduced reliance on less efficient tools like email. Infor ION will help to further speed processes by integrating Infor and third-party business applications, enabling connected workflows for faster overall operations.
Madison Electric Quote
"We previously experienced delays and inefficiencies through our current use of multiple systems to handle our operation," said Brett Schneider, president, Madison Electric. "Now, with Infor Distribution SX.e, we are providing employees with a user-friendly, interactive resource they can utilize to communicate more effectively internally, with vendors and customers to enable improved overall service levels."
"Infor Distribution applications are built to address the specific needs of micro-verticals such as electrical distribution, helping companies like Madison and Standard Electric to accelerate their pace of business by increasing efficiencies," said Andy Berry, vice president and general manager, Distribution, Infor. "With visibility across the enterprise, Infor delivers a complete solution to help reduce complexity by managing end-to-end operations."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Distribution
- Infor Distribution Video Journal
- Infor Distribution Blog
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
About Madison and Standard Electric Companies
Madison Electric and Standard Electric are independently-owned distributors with 34 locations throughout Michigan. With product offerings for electrical, plumbing, automation, HVAC, network communication systems and components, both Madison and Standard Electric continue to deliver new technology and the highest quality services to its customers. For more information, please visit www.madisonelectric.com or www.standardelectricco.com/.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers