NEW YORK - Aug 20, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Marine Harvest, the world's largest producer of farmed salmon, has selected Infor M3, Infor Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Infor Supply Chain Planning for its global operations. The applications will be deployed in a phased roll out, with the final site expected to go live in April 2014, with the goal of helping Marine Harvest drive growth by improving demand visibility. They will also help Marine Harvest secure optimized pricing for its produce, while accelerating current traceability capabilities.
- Marine Harvest is the world's largest producer of farmed salmon with more than 10,000 employees across 23 countries.
- With production and farming facilities in Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Canada and Chile, Marine Harvest ships approximately 70 percent of its product to retailers with the remaining 30 percent sent for further processing. These destinations span Asia, Europe and the U.S.
- With facilities across three continents, Marine Harvest has begun a complete business process reengineering project designed to move away from a decentralized, regional structure to a global business template. Through integrating Infor M3 with Infor Supply Chain Planning, Marine Harvest hopes to improve visibility into future demand from 3-6 weeks to up to three years.
- Combined with Infor Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) this improvement in visibility will not only help Marine Harvest to better meet demand but also help to protect its revenue by reducing over production and resulting subsequent price reductions to sell excess stock.
- Infor M3 and Infor Supply Chain Planning will also help reduce the time taken to answer traceability queries.
"As a microvertical, aquaculture is growing at a phenomenal rate," explained Mike Edgett, Director of Industry Marketing, Process Manufacturing, Infor. "It is among the fastest growing animal food production sectors and accounts for more than half of the fishing industry. This is good news because if current consumption patterns continue, we will need another 23 million tons of fish to satisfy demand by 2030."
"As such, aquaculture demands not only industry-specific functionality but also strong support for growth. Infor M3, supported by other applications such as Infor Supply Chain Planning, delivers not only the support for industry-specific processes but also the scope for scalability, enabling companies such as Marine Harvest to develop competitive advantages that help drive growth."
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers