NEW YORK - Nov 28, 2012
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the availability of Infor Mobile Citizen Request, an innovative new mobile application that helps the public report and monitor service requests within the public sector. The application empowers citizenry to initiate service inquiries concerning a vast array of communal issues including street repairs, damaged signage, vandalism and other preservation issues using a smartphone device. Infor Mobile Citizen Request allows individuals to not only be heard but also to perceive what their public office is doing about a reported problem.
The crowd-sourcing application provides public organizations with the means to empower their citizens, allowing them to report issues using smartphones or similar devices. Government institutions are able to implement the tool to amplify the voices of their residents, allowing a hands-on approach to improving the community. Users can identify the location of concern using an interactive map; then select the proper service channel and even include a photo along with their contact information for further follow up upon submission. The solution is supported across a wide range of mobile operating systems including Apple, Android and Windows 7 devices.
- Central Processing, Better Visibility Infor Mobile Citizen Request enables cities, counties, universities and other publically managed organizations to track and respond to public service requests in one unified format. The application features a "Review Status" component which allows intuitive review of chronological service requests and their corresponding status, further granting the public visibility.
- Enhanced Capability for Simple Reporting The Infor Mobile Citizen Request app provides the general public with an easy-to-use tool for managing the upkeep of their surrounding community. The application extends core Infor Hansen CRM functionality to a wider range of users.
- Cost Effective Implementation and Operation The Infor Mobile Citizen Request is delivered in the cloud as a service, so no perpetual software license purchase is required. Access to the solution is available for leasing on an annual basis.
- Secure Data Management All Infor Mobile Citizen Request interactions are processed through Infor Hansen software and are limited to the Advanced Mobile Integration Services. This secure approach limits the access for the tens of thousands of individual devices, to minimize security concerns associated with crowd-sourcing data.
"People have grown accustomed to 24/7 around-the-clock information access and communication, and they expect their government to keep pace," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Infor Mobile Citizen Request helps governments respond to this demand, while also greatly improving efficiency by empowering each citizen to act as an extension of the organization service departments."
- Read profiles of Infor Public Sector customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/publicsector/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
# # #
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific products and services described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this announcement or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product, service or functionality, even if such is described herein. This document, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement. The services described herein may not be available for all Infor products.