NEW YORK - Feb 24, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Molnlycke Health Care, one of the world's leading providers of single-use surgical and wound care products, has selected Infor Advanced Scheduling for its Wound Care division's production site in Finland. The application is expected to support growth through optimized planning, synchronized production, improved delivery performance and higher throughput for the company's complex product range, which is used by hospitals and pharmacies worldwide.
- Substantial business growth at Molnlycke Health Care highlighted a requirement for a new production planning system at the company's Wound Care division. A complex product environment meant that effective planning using manual processes and spreadsheets was time consuming and made it impossible to achieve the necessary level of precision.
- The application is expected to help enhance production planning and scheduling, reduce set-up time, improve visibility across the production process and boost production throughput for 40 product lines, reducing costs and ensuring that supply is aligned with demand across all of Molnlycke's markets globally.
- Following a review of numerous applications, Infor Advanced Scheduling was selected based on its proven capabilities, deep functionality aligned to the needs of the healthcare sector, and value for money.
Molnlycke Health Care Quote
"As a growing company, having tight control and visibility of our entire supply chain is crucial to deliver optimum service levels and maximize margins," comments Jukka Sulku, Production and Material Planning manager, Wound Care Division, Molnlycke Health Care. "Our product range is hugely complex, and Infor Advanced Scheduling will provide us with a comprehensive overview of how line A impacts line B, C, D and E on the factory floor, allowing us to optimize synchronized production schedules, and improve production planning to better serve our markets."
"Supply chains represent a key area for competitive advantage in today's fast-paced markets, and delays or bottlenecks can have a direct impact on the bottom line," comments Pieter Leijten, EMEA vice president for Supply Chain, Infor. "Healthcare is an industry which is growing at a phenomenal pace, and through adopting a best-in-class production scheduling application, Molnlycke Health Care is well positioned to capitalize on this growth."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers