NEW YORK - May 28, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Moods of Norway, a Norwegian headquartered fashion brand, has deployed Infor M3 to drive efficiencies and improve productivity across its international business. The application will help streamline processes across the finance, manufacturing, supply chain, warehousing and sales functions, and scale to support international growth for the fashion company.
- As a young business experiencing rapid growth, Moods of Norway required a robust application which would support core processes and integrate with existing systems. The application had to possess capabilities to support the international fashion company as it grows in size, complexity and geographic reach.
- Following a thorough review of three providers, Infor M3 was selected based on its ability to support the entire budgeting-to-order fulfilment process, the fact that it is customized specifically for fashion businesses, and Infor's local presence via its partner, iStone.
- Infor M3 integrates finance, sales, warehousing and logistics processes and supports accounting requirements across different legal entities and countries.
- Following a successful implementation, tighter quality control for incoming goods and advanced planning and store replenishment are expected to boost margins, while enhanced stock management such as pick and pack processes at factories, and use of kits (various SKUs in the same box) will boost fulfilment and minimize waste.
Moods of Norway Quote
"As a small but fast growing company, having tight control and visibility of our business is crucial," comments Jan Fjellkårstad, Controller, Moods of Norway. "The needs and nuances of fashion are very different from those of other types of manufacturers, and we needed an ERP system which contained both the functionality to support our specific needs, as well as the scale to help us realize our international growth ambitions. 95% of the functionality we needed was already in Infor M3 for Fashion."
"Moods of Norway is a great example of a successful fashion business with huge potential," comments Henrik Billgren, Infor M3 product manager. "Embarking upon international growth is highly complex and having visibility and tight control of processes is crucial. Born out of Infor's micro-vertical strategy, Infor M3 for Fashion is a proven application designed with the nuances of the fashion world in mind. We are incredibly proud of its role in helping young businesses to thrive in this sector."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers