NEW YORK - Dec 03, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Outdoor Gear Canada (OGC) has successfully implemented Infor Distribution SX.e and Infor Storefront. As a prominent distributor of cycling, snow sports and outdoor recreation gear, OGC sought to improve order taking and fulfillment by upgrading from its previous legacy system. The implementation of Infor solutions has already facilitated increased efficiency in the warranty department, and the new search capabilities enable customers to more easily find and purchase desired products.
Prior to upgrading to Infor, OGC had been running a heavily modified legacy program. The twenty-year-old system lacked sophistication and was proving to be ineffective as a B2B interface, offering minimal business intelligence and integration capability. In order to keep pace with competitors, OGC sought to modernize their solutions with a vendor that could demonstrate core competencies and contemporary functionality. Infor provided a more modern user interface (UI), strong business intelligence and a scalable solution that more easily integrates between different modules and applications.
- Infor Storefront provides search capabilities that help to improve sales by making it easier for customers to locate products using keywords. The legacy ERP was limited in this respect, and required the use of a SKU or a 24-character description. The sheer number of product variables, such as size, color, etc. made this process more difficult for OGC customers.
- Infor Storefront now enables OGC to use both multicurrency and multilingual functionality, an area that they had previously lacked. The bilingual upgrade in particular was an important factor, as approximately 25 percent of their customers speak French.
- The company has also gained in-depth costing and margin analysis capabilities, an area that helps track growth and provides forward-thinking evaluations.
- OGC is also considering the adoption of Infor ION, the lightweight middleware platform.
Outdoor Gear Canada Quote
"Our legacy system was doing the job, but was completely lacking in sophistication. It was becoming apparent that we needed to replace the solution to ensure that our business continuity remained constant," said Jean Cloutier, vice president of operations & finance, Outdoor Gear Canada. "Infor has a high number of large, multi-warehouse companies that are using SX.e, and we felt they would deliver the flexibly that we required to maintain operations, allowing the system to adapt to us."
"Infor is dedicated to providing the most innovative applications that ensure our customers can meet shifting business demands, manage complexities and maintain a competitive edge," said Andy Berry, vice president and general manager, Infor Distribution. "Outdoor Gear's use of Infor Distribution SX.e and Infor Storefront exemplifies how a company can strengthen their market position with an investment in the right distribution technology."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
About Outdoor Gear Canada (OGC)
OGC is the exclusive Canadian distributor for Easton Bell Sports, CamelBak, Finish Line, Fox Racing Shox, Kryptonite, Profile Design, Selle Italia, Speedplay and Vittoria as well as bike brands BMC, Intense, Linus, Yuba, Opus and Tern. Headquartered in Montreal, OGC has warehouses and service centers in Montreal and Vancouver.
For more information, please visit www.ogc.ca/en.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers