NEW YORK - Sep 29, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced that San Antonio Water System (SAWS), which services more than 1.6 million consumers in the greater San Antonio metropolitan area, has upgraded their existing Infor applications and successfully implemented Infor's Public Sector Customer Billing Information System. SAWS originally selected Infor, through a competitive sealed proposal process, due to its offering of an integrated suite of applications and inherent public sector-specific functionality built for growth. Infor's system is designed to allow SAWS to better manage essential assets, help fulfill regulatory permitting processes and provide a streamlined billing experience for its citizens.
Infor's full suite of applications for the public sector, including specific modules for financials, budgets, purchasing, human resources, payroll, procurement, utility billing, permitting and asset management, have enabled SAWS to retire its previously existing legacy mainframe system and gives the organization a single view of customers. This has helped to reduce processing time, provide employees with improved usability and better address the growing needs of greater San Antonio metropolitan area residents.
- Infor's Public Sector Customer Billing Information System is intended to help SAWS increase billing speed by managing the complete payment process and providing access to consolidated account information within personalized screens. Each month, the application generates more than 500,000 utility bills and creates over 24,000 service requests.
- The Infor applications integrate with existing third-party systems such as workload automation, print/EDO software and the US Postal Certification system, which allows the organization to receive discounts for all mailed bills and content.
- Additionally, SAWS has deployed the Infor Spatial Geographic Information System (GIS) to employees in the field, including engineering and emergency operations staff. Together with Infor's native ESRI interface, this technology helps to reduce the number of duplicate work orders and facilitates faster response time, providing SAWS with the ability to fulfill work orders and service requests based on easy access to location-based information.
Infor Public Sector delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions specifically designed for all levels of government and public organizations. Currently used by more than 3,600 public organizations globally, including 16 of the 20 largest US cities and 19 of the 20 largest states, Infor Public Sector helps optimize capital investments, maximize revenue, improve cross-agency collaboration, and help public sector organizations to better serve the growing expectations of citizens. Learn more at www.infor.com/publicsector.
San Antonio Water System Quote
"This project completes the integration across the portfolio needed to derive the value from our Infor investment," said Joe Samples, chief of information systems, San Antonio Water System. "We now have that single view of information to facilitate our daily tasks and customer interactions as well as unite the organization with the same advanced user interface."
"Infor's Public Sector Customer Billing Information System is a comprehensive application that provides the necessary functionality to generate bills, receive and track payments, and maintain historical information on accounts," said Kevin Curry, senior vice president, Public Sector, Infor. "By integrating this application with other systems, customers like San Antonio Water System can create a holistic view of services and interactions, helping to speed the billing process from start to finish and enable better service to citizens."
About San Antonio Water System
San Antonio Water System (SAWS) serves the City of San Antonio, which is the 7th largest city in the US, covering 460 square miles with more than 10,000 miles of water and sewer mains. SAWS is recognized nationally as a leader in water resource management and sustainability. In addition to its highly successful conservation programs, SAWS is home to the nation's largest direct recycled water system and boasts one of the largest underground storage reservoirs in the US. For more information, please visit www.saws.org/.
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers