NEW YORK - Mar 24, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Infor Distribution SX.e version 10.0, enabling social, mobile and analytics capabilities to the core enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution. The latest version builds upon the Infor 10x strategy to incorporate broader support for Infor ION, the purpose-built middleware and Infor Ming.le™, a comprehensive social collaboration platform. Infor SX.e is known as a robust distribution business solution that is specifically designed to help distributors manage end-to-end operations. The release provides deep distribution functionality and substantial enhancements to user experience, business intelligence enablement and connectivity to best in class solutions.
The Infor 10x initiative integrates proven, industry-driven applications with modern and innovative technologies, providing a beautiful, collaborative and smarter ERP. The latest release of Infor Distribution SX.e fulfills this mandate by providing industry-centric functionality that fits the specific needs of the micro-verticals served. Infor SX.e v10.0 is engineered for speed and enables people to work the way they live.
- Simple yet Powerful User Experience - Infor SX.e v10.0 features a consumer grade user experience. The Global Search capability has a familiar feel that allows the user to search the entire application to enable employees to work faster and smarter. Super grid technology offers an easier way to view results by allowing changes on the fly such as dynamic grouping, exporting, applying filters, drill down visibility and creating favorite views.
- Deep Distribution Functionality - Distributors typically operate on very tight margins. Infor SX.e v10.0 includes many enhancements to help distributors make better, faster decisions that can improve their profitability. Some of these enhancements include automating freight allocation to enable freight cost recovery, better tracking and managing of non-returnable, non-cancellable items and tools to compare estimated versus actual labor costs for value-added services.
- Investment in Analytics - Infor SX.e v10.0 enables extensive transactional data to be written into the ION Business Vault, providing users with a single, optimized repository. This benefits users by allowing them to more easily mine data for flexible, powerful reporting, business intelligence and analytics.
- Best in Class Integrations - The Infor SX.e v10.0 release provides a certified integration through ION to Lawson Financials, a robust and powerful application that helps manage complex financial requirements. This solution joins a growing list of ION certified integrations including Infor Supply Chain Execution (SCE), Inforce, Infor CRM Business, Storeroom, and Infor Road Warrior.
- Broad Social Experience - Social business involves more than just connecting people. With the addition of Infor Ming.le, the solution is now able to unite transactions, products and other entities within one easy to use social network that captures and retains the information shared across the enterprise. This places a network of people, applications, workflows, alerts and data at the hands of Infor SX.e v10.0 users.
"As a large and growing distributor, Kaman is challenged to standardize our systems onto one highly functional platform. Infor provides us with the right technology to help us rapidly integrate acquisitions and improve the productivity and effectiveness of all Kaman employees," said Michael Pastore, vice president, Kaman Distribution. "We look forward to deepening our already strong relationship with Infor as we convert to SX.e v10."
"It is always our objective to build solutions to meet the strategies and priorities of our customers in the industries we serve. Infor SX.e v10 is a powerful release that will allow distributors to modernize the way they approach their business objectives," said Andy Berry, general manager and vice president, Distribution, Infor. "The 10x release provides our customers with an innovative solution to answer the evolving demands of the distribution industry."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.