NEW YORK - Sep 23, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the Spokane Combined Communication Center (CCC) for Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS), located in Washington state, has successfully upgraded to the latest version of Infor EnRoute. Spokane CCC services are provided by 15 distinctive agencies with a combined response force of approximately 1,000 career and volunteer firefighters. Decision-makers elected to move forward with the upgrade to benefit from the flexibility, advanced data analysis and new user interface of Infor's emergency response application. The upgrade process and innovative functionality of Infor EnRoute enabled the center to improve disaster readiness by establishing an emergency response plan for incidents requiring extensive resources, such as natural disasters, facilitating improved service to citizens both now and in the future.
- Infor EnRoute's flexibility allows the Spokane CCC to more easily make ad hoc changes to their available response resources in the system. Department leaders can also test out different emergency deployment scenarios to assess alternatives for optimizing responses during real crisis situations.
- The Spokane CCC has successfully consolidated 30,000 static response cards into 1,800 dynamic recommendations using Infor EnRoute's new response configuration. The Microsoft SQL server backend creates enhanced agility for data viewing and standardization, facilitating in-depth analysis for improved unit deployment decisions.
- Dispatch users are now equipped with the latest Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping technology, which enables them to provide route-based recommendations to get first responders to incident locations as quickly and safely as possible.
- Infor EnRoute's user-friendly interface and automated workflows provide greater visibility across the center and help to reduce manual entry requirements, enabling increased ease-of-use for more efficient completion of daily activities.
Spokane Combined Communication Center Quote
"Upgrading our Infor EnRoute application gave us an opportunity to examine and restructure existing processes to essentially create a 'playbook' for responding to large emergency situations like natural disasters," said Ariane Schmidt, information management systems manager, City of Spokane Fire Department. "We are confident in our units' ability to respond quickly and efficiently because Infor EnRoute has helped us to put the necessary guidelines in place."
"Infor EnRoute enables law enforcement and fire departments to deliver better service to citizens through faster arrival on the scene," said Margaret Moran, vice president of Public Safety, Infor. "Long-time customers continue to realize benefits from their application because Infor consistently invests in the product with new tools and functionality."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor EnRoute - www.infor.com/product_summary/public-sector/enroute/
- Infor Public Sector - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About Spokane's Combined Communication Center (CCC)
The Spokane CCC consists of 15 member fire agencies within Spokane County in Washington state. The center dispatches fire and EMS responses totaling more than 60,000 calls yearly for a county population of over 475,000 residents and nearly 1,800 square miles. For more information visit www.spokanefire.org.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers