NEW YORK - Dec 11, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the City of Springfield, OR, has successfully upgraded to the latest version of Infor applications for the Public Sector including Customer Service, Work Management, Inventory Control and Asset Analysis. As an existing Infor customer, the City of Springfield sought to update existing systems with current technology, expand use of the solution across the Development and Public Works Department with a web-based interface, reduce information silos and enable an integrated data repository. Decision-makers also wanted to enhance reporting and analysis functionality to more easily demonstrate compliance with government regulations.
- The City of Springfield, Ore., has effectively standardized and automated daily operations using Infor's built-in, flexible workflows. With greater visibility into consolidated processes, the Development and Public Works Department can more easily demonstrate adherence to state and federal mandates.
- Infor's web-based applications provide integration with the City's existing PeopleSoft system, eliminating the need to maintain duplicate data and allowing automated transfers of employee information. The solution also supports the exchange of information with third-party firms, helping to enable increased collaboration and faster decision making.
- With the ability to export directly into applications like Microsoft Excel, Development and Public Works Department employees can access and drill down into data to create customized reports without the assistance of system administrators and database specialists. This helps users to pinpoint process areas where greater efficiency can be achieved and provide more useful information to the Springfield City Council.
- In the future, the City of Springfield plans to integrate with engineering, design and finance processes and utilize the solution to track the true cost of assets. Through these measures, the City expects to enhance cost estimate accuracy and capture actual costs with capital projects to improve budgeting assessments.
- Implementation of the upgrade was completed approximately 22 percent under budget. This established greater value for the City by providing a faster return on investment and allowing them to allocate remaining funds to other critical areas.
Infor Public Sector delivers a complete suite of solutions specifically designed for all levels of government and public organizations. Currently used by more than 3,600 public organizations globally, including 16 of the 20 largest US cities and 19 of the 20 largest states, Infor Public Sector helps optimize capital investments, maximize revenue, improve cross-agency collaboration, and help public sector organizations to better serve the growing expectations of citizens. Learn more at www.infor.com/publicsector.
City of Springfield Quotes
"Infor's new software architecture and robust web services provide hard cost savings for the City. The .net architecture delivers internet access to the application compared to client installs on individual workstations, reducing effort on average from 45 minutes to 5 minutes per client," said Brandt Melick, technical services division manager with the Development and Public Works Department for City of Springfield, Ore. "Two examples of the web services API integration are the Regional Land Information Database (RLID) and the City's PeopleSoft human resources application. These interfaces eliminate redundancy in two key areas: 1) maintenance of information associated with the City's 24,229 site addresses (site location, site address, site zoning, relationship to property owner, etc.) and 2) maintenance of information associated the City's 400 employees (new hires, rate changes, status changes, etc.). As a result we can easily provide department-wide access to real-time data and streamline the decision making process with more reliable information."
"Infor's solution provides tools to effectively manage our natural resources, track key activities and help us demonstrate that we're adhering to guidelines and regulations. Its robust integration capabilities have also allowed us to experience an accurate, consolidated picture of data across the city and the region," said Len Goodwin, director of the Development and Public Works Department for the City of Springfield, Ore. "The experience with Infor has been a positive change from previous ERP implementations. Project teams have been highly successful integrating the use of the software into their daily work and are pleasantly surprised with project outcomes. Bottom line, we completed the work ahead of schedule and under budget."
"Infor's applications are designed specifically to address the challenges faced by state and local municipalities, including regulatory compliance and the need for inter-department collaboration," said Kevin Curry, senior vice president, Public Sector, Infor. "With greater insight into daily operations and easy access to critical information, cities like Springfield can spend less time on internal processes and more time serving the needs of citizens."
About City of Springfield
The City of Springfield is located in Lane County in the Southern Willamette Valley of Oregon, between the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers. For more information on Springfield, visit www.springfield-or.gov.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers