NEW YORK - Feb 20, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that leading food manufacturer Symington's has seen a full ROI on its investment in Infor Supply Chain Execution (SCE), ahead of schedule. The application has helped to accommodate substantial additional volumes generated by rapid business growth. It has also helped the company support faster, more efficient business processes and boost customer service.
- Symington's, one of the leading food manufacturers in the UK, including brands such as Ainsley Harriott, Aunt Bessie's, Chicken Tonight and Ragu, has achieved a full ROI on its investment in Infor SCE.
- Infor SCE replaced a number of disparate systems which inhibited stock visibility across Symington's operations. This included separate systems for goods inwards raw materials and finished goods warehouse operations.
- The implementation of the new Infor application has delivered savings through increased warehouse efficiency, reduced transport costs, annual stock take improvements, lower inventory and a smaller IT footprint, leading to full ROI ahead of schedule.
- In addition, the application has enabled Symington's to handle a 30 per cent increase in throughput without additional headcount.
- The speed of the ROI was boosted by Symington's choosing to implement the Infor SCE application out-of-the-box, with no customizations, as it was a perfect fit for their needs.
- Infor SCE has enabled increased visibility of the goods handled by Symington's by linking shipping notices to specific purchase orders. In particular, the use of advanced shipping notes (ASNs) and single scan pallet labels has improved goods inwards processes and boosted service levels.
- Symington's worked with Infor on the initial rapid implementation but has rolled out the application into three other warehouses using only in-house skills.
- Infor was selected from a shortlist of three suppliers, based on the ease of use, superior shelf life management functionality and reporting capabilities of Infor SCE.
"With the acquisition of new brands such as Ragu and Chicken Tonight, we faced an increase in throughput of around 30 per cent," explained Howard Dearling, head of IT, Symington's. "These particular brands arrive to us as pre-packaged goods from third party manufacturers so efficiency in getting them scanned in, ready for distribution is vital."
"This efficiency and optimization is critical as we continue to grow at a substantial rate. Our investment in Infor SCE has been key in ensuring we continue to offer the best customer service, based on the best business processes in the industry."
"Symington's handles a variety of some of the best known food brands in the UK," said Pieter Leijten, vice president, supply chain, EMEA, Infor. "That means the organization has to ensure complete availability of names like Aunt Bessie's or Ragu, which in turn means they need to have the best warehouse management practices possible.
"Often the temptation is to simply throw in extra manpower when you are growing but Symington's has shown that with smarter processes and intelligent use of technology, it is possible to handle substantial, rapid growth without dramatic increases in headcount.
"Moreover this deployment shows that the Infor strategy of software that is specialized by industry is working. Building on the deep domain expertise we have amassed in the industries within the food and beverage vertical, Infor SCE needed no customization for Symington's. The out of the box functionality means a faster implementation and quicker ROI".
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.