NEW YORK - Apr 08, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced a successful implementation of Infor Public Sector at the City of Wichita and Sedgwick County. Wichita, the largest city in both Sedgwick County and the state of Kansas, originally selected the application because of its ability to deliver front-end connectivity through the Dynamic Portal module. Sedgwick County then elected to implement Infor Public Sector in order to enable shared services with Wichita.
- Sedgwick and Wichita are currently consolidating departments to enable shared services for improved use of resources. Eliminating redundancy in employee tasks and automating processes with Infor Public Sector will help the agencies to save both time and money.
- Users in Wichita and Sedgwick can now access the same consolidated data to easily look up information that pertains to all parts of the community. This enables improved communication and collaboration between multiple departments where employees are basing decisions on the same set of data.
- Infor Public Sector Community Development Regulation delivers efficiency in managing permitting, licenses and ordinances. Using the built-in Geographic Information System (GIS) functionality, the agencies can more effectively assess data and pinpoint locations to make important land management decisions.
- The Dynamic Portal module delivers connectivity between citizens and Infor Public Sector so they can conduct transactions online at any time and from virtually any location. This facilitates greater citizen-to-government communication and allows contractors to input their own information about jobs with Wichita.
- Infor Motion allows the application to connect with mobile devices and tablets. Sedgwick inspectors in the field can now log inspection results immediately, which Infor Public Sector then automatically communicates to the applicable contractor via email.
City of Wichita Quote
"Our local businesses were pushing for a self-service portal, and even agreed to accommodate an increase in fees if necessary for the city to purchase a new technology solution," said Mike Mayta, Chief Information Officer, City of Wichita. "This led us to Infor Public Sector because of the Dynamic Portal module, which now facilitates faster, easier communication by providing us with a direct connection to our contracted workers."
Sedgwick County Quote
"The city and county had numerous employees and departments that completed similar daily tasks and performed comparable functions," said Sherry Brace, senior administrative officer, Sedgwick County. "Decision-makers knew that by consolidating our resources and deploying the same technology application as the city, we could successfully provide superior shared services to constituents and reduce budgetary spending."
"In light of recent spending cuts, local governments are looking to make technology investments that will help them to better utilize resources," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Infor Public Sector delivers the connectivity and process automation necessary to allow our customers to successfully employ a shared services model by acting as a single solution to meet each department's needs."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector Solution Set - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/solution-set/
- Infor Public Sector Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/publicsector/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About City of Wichita & Sedgwick County
Wichita is the largest city in both Sedgwick County and the state of Kansas. Located in the south-central region along the Arkansas River, Wichita is known as the air capital of the world with big names like Boeing and Airbus calling the city home. For more information, visit www.wichita.gov or www.sedgwickcounty.org.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.