NEW YORK - May 21, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the release of Infor e-Commerce Mobile, an add-on to the existing customer e-commerce strategy to allow mobile optimization. The solution utilizes an Omni device approach, extending the capabilities beyond mobile and multichannel, creating room for growth within the technology. The latest iteration is integrated with Infor e-Commerce to extend the state-of-the-art business-to-business (B2B) retail foundation scaling the solution for use in mobile browsers. The addition of a mobile offering empowers businesses to manage orders in real-time on their mobile devices while still providing a superior shopping experience.
The Omni approach used by Infor e-Commerce Mobile has evolved from a typical multi-channel strategy to make real-time data available simultaneously across a wide range of devices. Creating broad access to the retail environment allows business to address customer needs using a smarter and more dynamic approach. Conversely, customers achieve direct brand interaction without any channel dilution. Infor e-Commerce enables retailers to answer industry demands by providing faster access with more accurate data and a stronger branded experience.
- Infor e-Commerce Mobile allows adaption to the style of the designated website, creating more meaningful end-user interactions. By adjusting to the look and feel of the customer website, consumers can take away a stronger connection to the brand with less risk of channel interference. Purpose built web apps for phones and tablets allow users to start an order basket on a PC and continue to update that same order from a mobile device at another location.
- Businesses may utilize real-time data to collaborate and work simultaneously through multiple mobile devices. From order flow to warehouse and fulfillment, users can now manage order processing on a computer, smartphone or tablet device from virtually any location.
- Retailers can engage the customer through each stage of the purchase. Infor e-Commerce Mobile caters to traditional, online and service-based retailers, allowing each to communicate with their customer through various stages of the buying experience. The PreTail stage creates access for social, apps, ads and other means of online communication. The retail stage provides detailed store info and in-store searching on kiosk, mobile and online devices. Lastly, the PostTail stage allows businesses to help their customers share shopping experiences socially.
"Today's consumers have the ability to initiate a transaction in more ways than ever before. In order to meet this shifting demand, they too must evolve to fit the new atmosphere of this evolving value chain," said Bob McKee, fashion industry strategy director, Infor. "Infor e-Commerce Mobile provides the fashion value chain with a tool to face the changing needs of the industry. By collaborating across multiple devices in real-time, businesses are able better serve their customers."
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.