NEW YORK - Nov 17, 2015
Infor, a leading provider of beautiful business applications specialized by industry and built for the cloud, today announced Infor Mobility for Field Service (MFS), v15.1.0, allowing customers to utilize the Infor M3 enterprise resource planning (ERP) system from anywhere, using a mobile device. This is a totally new solution and builds upon Infor experience with its previous field service mobility products.
Infor MFS takes work orders that have been assigned to users in Infor M3 and displays them in a clearer and more easily digestible format. Color-coded status indicators show how far each assignment has been processed, and workflow settings can help the user choose the most logical way in which to proceed with the assignment. Within each assignment, an intuitive layout of key data can help the user more easily access the relevant information. This allows field users to simplify operations by creating a streamlined approach for working with Infor M3 in the field.
The mobile solution uses Infor ION, a purpose-built middleware for transactional integration between the user's mobile device and Infor M3. A run-time license for Infor ION is provided to customers that are not currently using the middleware system. Infor MFS is currently available for tablets running on Android 4.4 or later and Windows 8.1 or later, as well as personal computers running the Windows operating system. Support for the iOS operating system is currently planned during 2016.
Innovative Components Include:
- Integration for Infor Document Management (IDM) - This latest development provides a direct gain for customers that wish to take advantage of a two-way flow of documents between Infor M3 and Infor MFS. Documents attached to equipment, items, services, work orders, and invoices in Infor M3 are available from the mobile device while, for example, pictures taken on the device are automatically indexed and sent back to Infor M3.
- Interconnected Data Sourcing & Reporting - With Infor MFS, critical customer information, including contacts, addresses, agreements, asset status, service history, or pending work are available at the user's fingertips. Users are better able to manage reporting for various types of labor time as defined within Infor M3, including a transaction view that allows other users to track individual time transactions, costs and other essential data. Upon completion of the assignment, the user is able to complete a comprehensive service report to help minimize manual data-entry.
- Superior Application Tools - Infor MFS is equipped with a powerful administration toolbox that provides users with greater flexibility to personalize the MFS screens to show the applicable information for users without the clutter of unwanted fields. The quick configuration feature allows users to get up and running quickly; once the application is downloaded, a connect string must be entered, and the user is then ready to begin.
"As the equipment-centric industries continue to evolve and modernize, the technologies that support day-to-day operations must also mature and keep pace with the user. It is with this in mind that we created Infor Mobility for Field Service, which facilities access to strategic data from wherever the user may be located," said Brian Dunks, product director, M3 Product Management, Infor. "This solution has been thoughtfully designed in response to the needs of our customers, to ensure that all users, including field technicians, are suitably equipped with the same high-quality tools that are utilized throughout the enterprise."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor builds beautiful business applications with last mile functionality and scientific insights for select industries delivered as a cloud service. With 13,000 employees and customers in more than 200 countries and territories, Infor automates critical processes for industries including healthcare, manufacturing, fashion, wholesale distribution, hospitality, retail, and public sector. Infor software helps eliminate the need for costly customization through embedded deep industry domain expertise. Headquartered in New York City, Infor is also home to one of the largest creative agencies in Manhattan, Hook & Loop, focused on delivering a user experience that is fun and engaging. Infor deploys its cloud applications primarily on the Amazon Web Services cloud and open source platforms. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 18 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 18 of the 20 largest U.S. cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 15 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
- 21 of the top 30 global banks
- 6 of the 10 largest global hotel brands
- 6 of the top 10 global luxury brands
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.