Infor 2D Design Automation
Infor 2D Design Automation
Visualize and develop your products with ease
Complex, configured products can be hard to select and configure. You need tools that make the process intuitive and virtually error-free.
With Infor 2D Design Automation, you can bring your products to life by providing immediate visual confirmation of the product, its features, and options. You'll be able to reduce order errors by providing real-time visual feedback of selected options. And, you can eliminate non-value-added time by generating configuration-specific outputs for use by sales and manufacturing.
See how Infor CPQ and its solutions can help your business
Infor CPQ Demo for Doors
Four-minute product demo on how Infor CPQ addresses tough customer challenges with a complete solution, driving real value by increasing sales, reducing costs and differentiating your brand.Watch the demo ›
See how Infor 2D Design can help you
What it is
Infor 2D Design Automation is a powerful geometry engine that works with Infor Product Configurator to dynamically generate dimensionally accurate 2D visuals.
Add Infor 2D Design Automation to Infor Product Configurator, and you gain the ability to visualize configured products in dynamic two-dimensional images. You'll get real-time visual feedback on options you select to reduce order errors. And, you'll get configuration-specific outputs for use by sales and manufacturing, which eliminates time and errors.
What it does
With Infor 2D Design Automation, you get tools for:
Generating dynamic 2D models and drawings—Dynamically generate dimensionally accurate 2D visuals that can be output in a variety of raster formats, including jpeg, and gif. Or generate those outputs in vector formats for use as:
- 2D model images displayed during the configuration process and on the Infor Sales Portal quote screens.
- 2D print images used in printed documents such as bids, proposals, product brochures, and reports.
- Annotated drawings used in submittals or as sales drawings.
- AutoCAD and CAD files that engineers and designers include in their own CAD drawings.
Product visualization—Get immediate confirmation that a configured product looks exactly the way the customer wants it to look. You can run interactively as an integral part of the configuration process or after you've made all configuration selections.
Output generation—Run 2D drawings after the configuration process is complete to generate other 2D output files for use in bid, proposal, and submittal documents. You can view and edit generated drawings using a variety of image handling programs.
Dimensional calculation—You can query the Infor 2D Design Automation geometry engine for values it calculates based upon inputs from the configurator. The system passes key driving dimensions to the geometry engine, which resolves the constraints and dimensional relationships to calculate the values of derived dimensions. This allows you to separate complex engineering logic from the configuration rules, and help you reduce computation errors and improve performance.
Developing models with popular CAD tools—You can use the 2D sketching capabilities of popular CAD systems, enhanced with Infor 2D Design Automation, to create the parametric 2D template models used by the geometry engine. With this innovative approach, existing drawings can often be turned into "smart" 2D models, in a matter of hours. This reduces model design time, makes it easier to maintain complex logins, and optimizes run-time performance.
What it means
With Infor 2D Design Automation you can:
- Reduce order errors by providing dimensionally accurate visual confirmation of product configurations.
- Reduce engineering resource costs by automating the creation of drawings and CAD files.
- Provide value-added sales deliverables that might otherwise be too costly to produce.
- Streamline production and help ensure quality by providing manufacturing with configuration-specific drawings.
- Simplify product modules by using a powerful geometric engine for complex calculations.