Infor 3D Design Automation
Infor 3D Design Automation
Take advantage of innovative design methodology
Take advantage of the power of 3D CAD technology to automate the generation of configuration-specific 3D models, drawings, and manufacturing information.
When you use Infor 3D Design Automation in conjunction with Infor Product Configurator, you can accelerate the design and delivery of configured products, while reducing cost and freeing valuable engineering time.
See what Infor 3D Design is all about
What it is
Use Infor 3D Design Automation in conjunction with Infor Product Configurator to automate the generation of configuration-specific detailed 3D models, drawings, and manufacturing information for individual customer orders.
With 3D Design Automation, you'll be able to design and deliver configured products more quickly, while reducing costs and freeing valuable engineering resources from tedious manual CAD operator activity with automatic generation of:
- High-level models and quote drawings to support product visualization and customer collaboration during the configuration and sales process.
- Specification drawings and CAD files for delivery to the customer, once the order is placed.
- Shop drawings such as detail, section, quality, and inspection drawings at the assembly, subassembly, and component level for use by manufacturing.
- Detailed assembly models for use by engineers for further engineering analysis or to generate CNC instructions for numerically controlled equipment.
What it does
With Infor 3D Design Automation, you'll be able to:
Generate dynamic 3D models and drawings—Create configuration-specific 3D models based on user-entered features, options, and dimensions using Infor 3D Design Automation with the Product Configurator and your 3D CAD system. Dynamically resolve 3D CAD model templates containing assembly and part templates, parametric relationships, and geometric constraints at run-time to generate CAD outputs, as well as detail drawings and manufacturing information.
Rapidly create as-engineered product definitions—3D models dramatically reduce the time and cost required to produce configuration-specific product definitions at an as-engineered level of detail and accuracy suitable for use by engineering, sales, and manufacturing.
Take advantage of an innovative design methodology—Designers can use 3D Design Automation design methodology with Infor Product Configurator rules along with their existing 3D CAD system to develop product family models. These models can then serve as templates for the automatic generation of configuration-specific product designs. This approach speeds the design process, producing product family models that are faster and less expensive to develop and maintain than traditional 3D models developed using the CAD system alone.
What it means
Using Infor 3D Design Automation with Infor Product Configurator, you can:
- Deliver customized product orders more quickly by eliminating engineering steps from lead time.
- Reduce engineering costs by automating the creation of detail drawings and manufacturing information.
- Provide value-added sales deliverables that might otherwise be too costly to produce.
- Streamline production and help ensure quality by providing configuration specific drawings and information to manufacturing.
- Speed new product development by taking advantage of modular product family models.
Infor Configure Price Quote (CPQ)
3D Design Automation brochure