Technology based on the architecture of the internet
Flexible, scalable, adaptable, standards-based, and open
Make your systems – both Infor and third party – work seamlessly together
Integrate processes end-to-end
Your business runs around the clock
Get real-time visibility anytime, from anywhere
Change the way technology works with Infor ION
Easily integrate enterprise systems – both Infor and third party – and eliminate information silos with Infor ION, Infor’s advanced middleware platform. Inspired by the architecture of the internet, ION provides the flexibility you need to make an often complex web of enterprise systems work together and the long-term sustainability to optimize return on technology investments. With ION, one application can be upgraded, replaced, or even fail without taking the entire network down. Information is accessible in real-time. And system maintenance is less costly and complex. The result? Freedom.
Infor ION at a glance
- Easily integrate both Infor and third-party software applications.
- Create workflows and alerts that dramatically improve exception management.
- Design, standardize, monitor, or change business processes without IT involvement.
- Connect applications to the events in your business process.
- Easily monitor your entire business and make better decisions, faster.
Advanced integration technology
Dramatically simplify integration
Infor ION makes it easier than ever to integrate both Infor and third-party software applications, while streamlining your business process flows to improve performance. This powerful technology provides a simple, scalable integration framework that helps you achieve unparalleled end-to-end efficiency.
Give users information anytime, anywhere
Put information at the fingertips of those who need it most with Infor ION. End users can monitor critical business issues – from sales opportunities to production problems – via mobile devices, while administrators can easily monitor and administer Infor ION applications. Whatever your role, you’ll have the information you need to make better decisions faster.
Automate notifications and alerts
Automatically alert users based on key issues so they can respond immediately. Infor ION allows you to proactively monitor and manage your workflow status and document traffic, identify workflow exceptions, monitor key performance indicators, and gain visibility into your overall business network efficiency.
Achieve end-to-end efficiency with Infor ION
Simplicity and efficiency are the driving forces behind Infor ION, Infor’s advanced middleware technology inspired by the architecture of the internet.
Easily configure business process integrations, document flows, and workflows with Infor ION Desk. You get a centralized homepage that summarizes key information within Infor ION and gives you easy access to all the menu items available to configure and administer the application. Built for “citizen integrators and developers”, Infor ION Desk dramatically simplifies administration and configuration processes.
- Easily administer and configure processes
- Get a centralized view of information within Infor ION
- Reduce business process complexity
- Increase the productivity of IT staff
- Drive high-impact business solutions right from your browser
Easily integrate Infor and third party applications, whether hosted in the cloud or on-premise, and minimize the disruption and complexity of upgrades by decoupling your integrations. This robust suite of technology connectors allows you to publish, store, and intelligently route business events across the enterprise.
- Seamlessly integrate applications from your local data center to the cloud
- Power business process integration across your enterprise
- Simplify system upgrades and maintenance
- Reduce system obsolescence
- Optimize technology investments
Infor ION was architected to be a true cloud-based iPaaS platform to deliver business process integration and drive business continuity regardless of where that business takes place. With Infor CloudSuites and ION Cloud Edition, the ION Enterprise Connector answers your hybrid deployment questions by delivering seamless integrations with your on-premises infrastructure and the legacy applications that live in your data center.
- Connect any and all of your on-prem applications leveraging ION Connect
- Unify management of your enterprise connections with ION Desk & ION Grid
- Leverage Amazon Web Services’ robust asynchronous architecture
- Scale up and out with elasticity managed by Infor ION Grid
Create, standardize, and monitor business processes, and make changes without IT involvement with ION Workflow & Events. This technology connects your software to the actions taking place outside of it, allowing users to manage, monitor, and document what's happened, what needs to happen, and what didn't happen—but should have.
- Intuitively design workflows
- Rapidly detect events and exceptions that occur within a system or across a set of systems
- Ensure consistency and data integrity
- Build your own complex event processing engine
- Surface events to key decision makers across Infor Ming.le
- Automate alerts, notifications, and approvals
Infor ION APIs delivers a centralized framework and gateway for the API economy, which represents the future of application development, information exchange, and consumption. ION APIs allows you to build new and complementary features into mobile and web-based applications, while unifying all of your different API producers – from applications to IoT devices to people – into a single user interface that lets you build applications across platforms and products.
- Build your next generation of mobile applications with a single API user interface
- Streamline access and security
- Intelligently route messages across systems
- Orchestrate business process integrations with APIs and content-based routing
Empower business users to quickly and easily create alarms that allow them to monitor critical business events – from sales opportunities to production problems – in real-time via mobile devices. Pre-existing templates make it simple for non-technical users to create alarms that are triggered by events in Infor ION, putting information directly into the hands of those who need it most.Learn more about Infor ION Alarms ›
- Empower non-technical users to create their own monitors and alarms
- Allow end-users to monitor business issues in real-time via mobile devices
- Easily allow administrators to create pre-defined alert templates, as well as manage their activation and deactivation
Infor ION OneView is your one-stop-shop for finding out what’s happening with any application that’s connected to the Infor ION framework. The lifecycle of every event captured in ION is exposed in an intuitive, visual timeline that tells you what applications were subscribed, why a monitor was triggered, what workflows were activated, and where a problem happened. You can quickly and easily get the information you need to monitor issues, troubleshoot problems, and optimize system performance.
- Easily monitor and troubleshoot issues
- Optimize system performance
- Reduce complexity
- Track information anytime, from anywhere with the Infor ION OneView mobile application
- Capture IT footprint insights with ION performance widgets for Infor Ming.le Home Pages
Enterprise applications that exist in a homogeneous environment where every component speaks the same language are rare indeed. The ION Mapper solves these messaging discontinuities with a best-in-class graphical modeler for translating your business object messages into new formats in-flight. You can enrich documents with new data, translate data on the fly, and create mappings that translate documents between language formats for vendor interoperability.
- Visually design your document mappings with a simple drag-and-drop interface
- Convert documents to new formats and data languages in-flight
- Quickly enhance and enrich source data with built-in functions for data type casting and translations
- Develop custom functions to meet your business objectives – no development required
Flexible and secure deployment
The platform is available on-premise or in the cloud, hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for unparalleled scalability, protection, and reliability.
A single, elegant network
Infor ION simplifies integration between disparate systems in a single, consistent architecture.
Powered by Infor OS
Future-proof your enterprise with Infor OS—the foundation for a connected, intelligent network that automates, anticipates, predicts, and informs your stakeholders in everything they do.
- User-centric operating service
- Cloud-based delivery
- Conversational, intuitive UX
- Automated multi-step execution of complex tasks
- Networked analytics and business intelligence
- Open business process integration
- Secure at the core
When luxury carmaker Ferrari undertook a major re-engineering of processes, it chose Infor. The overhaul of supply chain, purchasing, finance, and manufacturing processes, all done in conjunction with third-party suppliers and partners, leveraged Infor ION to make systems work seamlessly together.
Preferred Sands, the number one frac sand producer in Canada and one of the top 3 producers in the US, relies on Infor ION, Mongoose, and CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) to help increase market share and reduce downtime in production across six mines and five processing plants.
Infor ION Resources
Learn about the technology and standards behind ION.
Hear how ION makes your systems work seamlessly together.