Infor acquires Birst
Infor has acquired Birst, a pioneer of cloud-native, business intelligence (BI), analytics, and data visualization. Birst is a unique, comprehensive platform for sourcing, refining, and presenting standardized data insights at scale to drive business decisions. The Birst business intelligence platform is a rich, simplified end-to-end BI suite in the cloud.
The founders of Birst have a deep BI pedigree. This is much of the same team that built Siebel Systems BI, which is now Oracle's BI stack. They put the band back together, pivoted to the cloud, and built a modern BI platform with an understanding of future needs, experience with a wide variety of use cases, and commitment to the cloud. Now is the time to converge this cloud-native BI platform with the world's first industry cloud company. We're going to define the next generation of analytical applications.
Charles Phillips CEO
Birst at a glance
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Founded: 2004
- Employees: 260
- Customers: American Express Global Business Travel, Kellogg's, Reckitt Benckiser, Schneider Electric, Citrix
- Website: www.birst.com
Infor and Birst
- Infor delivers a world-class analytical applications platform for budgeting, planning, and forecasting as well as a robust sales and operations planning suite.
- Birst provides a single, elegant platform for discovering and sharing trusted insights, correlations, and predictive actions that connects users and data in a consumer-grade user experience.
- With a critical mass of Infor CloudSuite™ subscribers and petabytes of mission-critical data, the Birst platform complements and further strengthens Infor's best-in-class applications.
Infor is the perfect home for Birst, providing the global scale and resources to accelerate our short-term growth and also a common long-term vision for the future of data-driven businesses using advanced business intelligence, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Brad Peters Chairman and Chief Product Officer
Birst’s networked analytics and BI platform
Birst is the first platform that combines the best of both worlds: the capability, scale, and data governance that IT needs with the agility, speed, and usability of consumer-grade desktop tools. Learn more ›
Adaptive user experience
Birst's adaptive user experience provides a broad choice of modern, machine learning infused, self-service analytics interfaces, including an open client option, allowing use of your choice of analytic clients.
Networked Analytics Layer
Birst's Networked Analytics Layer leverages data virtualization to enable self-service access to both governed and ungoverned data and metrics, connecting users and data in a trusted, agile manner.
Multi-tenant cloud architecture
Birst's multi-tenant cloud architecture scales to hundreds of thousands of users and petabyters of data, enabling enterprises of all sizes to seamlessly share analytics across teams, departments, and even company boundaries.
Find out more
The Birst platform complements and further strengthens Infor's best-in-class analytical applications. Use the resources below to learn more about Birst, an Infor company.
Learn more about Birst:
- Watch a product demo
- Explore Birst products
- Download a Networked Analytics white paper
- Get familiarized with Birst
Get in touch:
- General inquiries: 1-800-260-2640 (US)
- Media inquiries: Dan Barnhardt; 1-646-336-1731