EAM version 11.6: When you’re finished changing, you’re finished
Benjamin Franklin said, “When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.” Infor takes those words to heart when it comes to software development.
Infor EAM continues to evolve in order to support the ever-increasing levels of maintenance efficiency expected by organizations around the world. The newest release of EAM, version 11.6, is packed with new features as well as customer-led enhancements available on both desktop and mobile.
Updates include a new EAM mobile app, additions to existing mobile app capabilities, improvements to dispatching of Work Orders to operators and crews in the field, enhancements to GIS capabilities and integration, simplification of revision control on PM schedules, and several customer-suggested product improvements.
Features and functionality included in Infor EAM 11.6
Work order crew dispatching
Work Order Dispatching capability provides an easy and efficient way for dispatchers in the office to assign work to field crews and operators on their EAM mobile device. This release includes several improvements to assign crews to shifts and consider crew availability while dispatching work assignments. Though not mandatory, this capability is designed to work with Infor EAM/Esri GIS integration to allow visualization of these activities and crews together on the map.
Developed in collaboration with Infor EAM customers in the water utility industry, this capability leverages Esri GIS Isolation Blocks to identify or define the minimum area of the network surrounding a main or pipe that can be isolated by the closure of a set of valves.
Core repair improvements
This release features enhancements to the existing Core Repair (also known as Rotable or Repairable Spares) process within EAM. The improvements feature a new Repair Issue transaction as well as better handling of dependent child assets for a Core Repair asset.
Tracking of accomplishments on a Work Order
This improvement further strengthens the Work Order capabilities within Infor EAM. Customers can now enter and track accomplishments related to Work Orders. Once the planned accomplishments and dates are entered, users can then track the progress of these accomplishments to see if they were completed as per the timeline originally set.
Enhanced visibility into field operations
Infor EAM Mobile is not only a great tool for maintenance workers to perform their operations in the most efficient manner, but also a window into these operations for supervisors and dispatchers. Supervisors back in the office not only can get one view of the Work Orders and Crews (WO Dispatching), but the latest release also supports enhancements to synchronize the Start and Stop signals from the mobile device to the base.
Infor EAM Field Work
- Data collection at the source - Infor EAM 11.6 for Field Work joins the existing EAM mobile applications (Transit/Fleet/Manufacturing) to provide the latest-generation technology tools built to extend mobile functionality and empower growing numbers of remote workers.
- Built-in configurability - Field Work allows organizations to build user group-specific screens and menus to increase efficiency and cut down on the clicks. As a connected application, managers can see all operators’ actions in real time. In addition to work orders, equipment, and checklists, functionality also includes barcode and QR code scanning, advanced reporting, and quick-search ability.
- Ensuring business continuity - By fully automating and digitizing the workforce, Infor EAM 11.6 helps enforce business rules around maintenance work, while standardizing work activities. This provides maintenance organizations with a strategic understanding of the entire asset lifecycle and cost of labor and maintenance.
Additional new features
- Improvements to Infor Data Lake integration
- Enhancements to Safety capabilities
- Efficiencies in product administration
- Oracle 19 support
Learn more and ask questions about all the new capabilities. Join our webinar: What’s new in EAM 11.6.
- Asset management
- Infor EAM