Fast track data aggregation for analytics: HealthlinkNY’s experience with Infor Cloverleaf Consolidator
December 7, 2017
In case you haven’t heard the latest news about Infor Healthcare interoperability, Infor Cloverleaf Consolidator is the latest addition to the Cloverleaf Integration and Exchange Suite. This is a clinical data repository and clinical document aggregation engine that enables data aggregation and interoperability into a multi-EHR integrated vendor network. It is designed to address challenges such as:
- Care coordination: Aggregates data from multiple sources
- Health analytics: Simplifies delivery of data from multiple sources
- Mobile apps enablement: Extends legacy data into digital ecosystems to engage patients and providers
A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to present during a webinar with Christina Galanis, president and CEO of HealthlinkNY on how they are leveraging the newly released Infor Cloverleaf Consolidator. HealthlinkNY is a Qualified Entity (QE) funded by the New York State Department of Healthcare, which operates a health information exchange (HIE). HealthlinkNY’s HIE offers electronic access to patient’s community-wide health records and serves as the region’s access point to the Statewide Health Information Network of New York. Some of the services they offer are for workflow assessment, EMR/EHR interoperability services, alerts (real-time notifications for a wide range of clinical events), results routing, and more.
HealthlinkNY believes that there are opportunities for using advanced analytics, such as empowering patients and providers, enabling HIEs, governments, and payers. They chose to add on Infor Cloverleaf Consolidator to their Cloverleaf solution to gain data and analytics efficiency, and overall, try to reduce data overload. Some of the benefits that they experienced with Infor Cloverleaf Consolidator are:
- 125 + feeds including 10 EHR Gateways
- Ability to complete new feeds in 2 weeks’ vs 3 months’ average
- Gained flexible, customized alerts and expanded use cases
- Integrated claims data, medication history, Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) from patients and empower a patient engagement solution
- Integrated data with EMPI for identity resolution
- Normalized, improved data quality and duplication
- Infeasible as separate ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) batch processes, to transform the data into the format you need
- Gained ability to work with third party apps (for better flexibility and mobility since not everyone is looking at a laptop or desktop computer)
HealthlinkNY is looking forward to future releases for the expanded data models, Data Mart Birst option, and FHIR support. You can view the full webinar here to see how Infor Cloverleaf Consolidator is a fast, cost-effective option to HIE. For more information, read our brochure and visit our website.
Tell me how your organization is looking to aggregate data faster?
- Jerry Rankin, Industry Strategy Director, Interoperability
- North America