Industrial machinery and equipment manufacturers: New opportunities await
February 14, 2017Infor has commissioned a new report from analyst firm MPI Group to examine the state of industry for industrial machinery and equipment manufacturers (IM&E) manufacturers and suppliers. The news is good.
Here are some stats from the new report, “Global Opportunities Await IM&E Manufacturers,” that are truly eye-opening and optimistic:
- The global heavy construction equipment market will grow to $166 billion by 2020 — a 6.8% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) since 2015— driven by emerging economies focused on infrastructure projects as well as increased spending on construction.
- The global food processing and packaging equipment market will reach $52.9 billion by 2022 — a 14% CAGR since 2014.
- The global material handling equipment market will expand to $134 billion by 2020, driven by demand for automated systems, adoption of cloud computing, increased use of business analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
The global market is continually changing and bringing new opportunities. But, even in well-established regions of operation, IM&E manufacturers are finding new opportunities by expanding product lines, adapting existing machines and technologies to new niches, customizing products for individual customers, and exploring new business models to engage customers in long-term relationships.
There’s only one catch: You have to be fast. Agility is required to seize these unfolding opportunities. The MPI Quick Report offers:
- Tips for achieving agility
- Tips for strategic location of expanded operations
- Lean techniques that will improve agility
- Benefits of cloud deployment
- Creating new business models
- Offering value-add service
Download the report today to learn more about the opportunities you can seize.