Infor CloudSuite is in the constellations
I’ve blogged in the past about how many healthcare organizations have adopted a single vendor strategy for their clinical systems, so their focus in recent years has been on the clinical side of the organization. Now that their focus is swinging back toward ERP systems, which are relied upon to run business operations such as supply chain, finance and HR areas, I’ve witnessed a trend with organizations that realize it’s time to adopt a single vendor strategy for these systems as well, which could help them achieve more with the same or even fewer resources.
There are quite a few advantages to having integrated applications through one vendor, such as enjoying a single partner strategy that reduces operating costs, improves efficiencies, optimizes EMR investments and supports business goals to attract and retain the best clinical staff. Here are a few other reasons that I believe form a compelling argument for having a single partner strategy for ERP solutions in healthcare:
- Minimizes compatibility challenges—this helps to eliminate double entry of work, includes more cross-application features, and helps speed up processing times.
- Gets new features faster—since you’re running on the same platform with a single vendor, you already have the infrastructure in place to deploy new features or applications from the same organization faster, without all the pre-flight checks normally required with taking on new programs.
- Saves time in the procurement phase—we all go through vendor evaluations but may not really enjoy the process that much. If you have to do every time you take on a new application, it requires lots of time. If the decision is made to source everything through one supplier, quality pre-checks have already been completed and there’s no need to repeat them.
- Ensures vendor responsibility—You’ll have an easier time approaching one vendor with questions and help resolving potential issues vs. several or dozens, depending on how many systems your organization is using.
- Moves your organization toward faster deployment and staff training—software from the same partner follows the same style of usability, so when you rollout new features, staff won’t need intensive training to get up to speed quickly.
- Reduces the number of implementation partners—this can help align to best business processes and practices while reducing implementation time and costs along with finger pointing between multiple service partners.
If your organization is going through an evaluation like this to consider a single vendor strategy, you might want to consider what analysts are saying about a variety of vendors and their solutions. Constellation Research recently published two lists of vendors for HCM and finance suites. These market categories are compiled through conversations with early adopter clients, independent analysis, and briefings with vendors and partners. I’m happy to let you know that Infor has been included in both the Constellation Shortlist™ for Global HCM Suites and Enterprise Cloud Finance.
For more information about Infor CloudSuite Healthcare, which includes a comprehensive suite of business solutions for customers that includes finance, planning, supply chain, human capital, asset management, relationship management and clinical interoperability, visit us here.
Tim Brown, Chief Business Information Officer
- CloudSuite HCM
- North America