The new Rx for patient safety and compliance
This year’s HIMSS is showcasing a range of Infor innovations. One of the new areas being highlighted includes a partnership with Infor and Excellis Health Solutions around a collaboration dedicated to patient and medication safety, supply chain management, and compliance.
Through this new arrangement with Excellis, Infor is utilizing Infor CloudSuite Healthcare and Infor Cloverleaf solutions to enhance Excellis pharmaceutical supply chain, medication management, operational transformation and expense reduction strategies. Put simply, the Excellis client strategy integrates medication product and dispensing information with the ERP and EMR systems via Cloverleaf.
For healthcare organizations, that means better controls on escalating pharmaceutical costs. Thanks to our platform’s security, it also ensures compliance with the new Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) regulations, which require healthcare organizations to establish an electronic, interoperable system to identify and trace prescription drugs distributed in the US from manufacturing through dispensing. It’s a “track and trace” national standard of four product identifiers (serialization) and requirements.
What’s most important is the positive impact on patients, who can expect improved medication safety. The collaboration promises to:
- Provide healthcare organizations with a system-wide view and inventory management of all pharmaceuticals
- Reduce drug shortages
- Enable patient-specific drug recalls
- Create a platform for systematic pharmaceutical product purchase and contract price reconciliation to save costs
- Provide data aggregation and analytics for clinical effectiveness and patient outcomes
- Track and trace pharmaceuticals from ordering to dispensing
All of this is important in the larger scope of value-based care and reimbursements. We hope you can join us at HIMSS (Infor booth #2747) to see this, and so much more.
-Greg Wozniak, President Healthcare Group, Excellis Health Solutions (guest blogger)
- CloudSuite Healthcare
- Cloverleaf Integration Suite for clinical interoperability