Infor did something that seemed impossible in the Wroclaw, Poland, job market: In a short time, it has employed 270 high-class IT experts. But many more are needed. And tech professionals who join this top-tier global business software company now will get to co-create its new Centre of Excellence in Wroclaw, and power its ascent across Europe.
When Infor decided to establish another consulting hub in Europe two years ago, it chose Wroclaw–a beautiful old city with a vibrant young workforce. Since then, a diverse and cohesive team of 270 has been hired-but Infor wants to double that number quickly.
"We have so much exciting work to do with name-brand customers all over Europe. We are growing our team, and moving into gorgeous new offices in downtown Wroclaw," says senior director Artur Sawicki. "I want tech professionals to know how rewarding their work can be with us, how broad their career opportunities, and how much fun they would have."
So, why work for Infor? Sawicki lays it out in this Q&A:
What is Infor?
Simply put, we develop world-class business software solutions and professional services for specific industries in the cloud. Infor is a US-based multinational company, with 16,000+ employees helping our 90,000+ customers in more than 200 countries solve their critical business challenges.
Why join Infor in Wroclaw?
I like to boil it down to 6 factors:
- Challenge – You will help solve the challenging business problems of our diverse customers in Europe and globally.
- Start-up phase – We are expanding our presence in Poland. You will co-create the company during this start-up phase, with opportunity for promotion and building a successful career path.
- Diverse work – You will have opportunities to change between projects, technologies, applications, industries, and customers.
- Training – We provide an intensive training program, with access to global experts and a deep knowledge base.
- Benefits and rewards – We provide a comprehensive salary and benefits package, and we reward and celebrate performance.
- Vibrant culture – You will work with inspiring people in a prestigious office in the center of Wroclaw.
Infor established a Centre of Excellence in Wroclaw in 2016. What does the CoE do?
Our management team wanted to build a new Centre of Excellence working for European markets and customers in the local languages and time zones. A CoE is an assembly of highly-qualified IT professionals focusing on cloud enablement and technologies supporting Infor's digital transformation strategy for companies and organizations in Europe.
How many more people are you hiring? For what roles?
We plan to have about 500 employees in Wroclaw. We are currently hiring:
- Implementation consultants
- Product support analysts fluent in German and French
- Software developers and managers
- Cloud including: DevOps, application and system admins, services delivery managers
- Information technology (IT)
- Project managers and business analysts
- Services back office: operations, resource planning, inside sales, sales operations
What successes from this past year are you most proud of?
We've had so many successes. I'm proud that we could recruit so many great people, onboard and train them in such a short transition time, and create such a great team and amazing work culture so naturally.
What's next for your office?
We're doing so well. Our Wroclaw CoE is getting more and more new products, modern technologies, and innovative teams this year. We're moving to a new office -comfortable, wonderfully designed, and well equipped-to be able to accommodate 500 employees.
You started a partnership with Wroclaw University of Science and Technology. What does that entail?
Infor needs many, talented employees. So we decided to cooperate with local universities through our Education Alliance Program. Wroclaw University of Science and Technology was the first, and during the first year of the cooperation, 135 students finished the "Infor course." Some of these students are offered internships, and one of them has just been hired full time.
A few months ago, a second university joined our alliance: Wroclaw University of Economics. So the program will be expanding.
How do you keep your employees keen and motivated?
This is the mix of "hard" and "soft" topics:
- Interesting jobs, challenging tasks
- Daily contacts with interesting customers
- Work in the multinational environment
- The combination of a stable US-based, global company and a start-up culture
- The possibility to grow within the company and development opportunities: the standard career path within the team, and also "horizontal" possibilities
- Performance-driven rewards and recognition
- Dynamic and friendly people without distance
- Giving back to the community - We have an employee-led Charity Team and a Fun Team that organize a wide variety of activities.
What are the most important factors you consider when hiring someone?
- Knowledge and experience related to a position
- Values and energy
Are you looking for seasoned people or new grads?
Both groups are valuable:
- Professionals with rich experience (both IT and business processes) – 75%
- New graduates or short experience – 25%
What is the office culture like?
We have a local value statement: VIBRANT
Vision – creativity and innovation driving excellent customer service
Integrity – ethics and honesty in our working environment
Balance – we care about people
Reward – recognition and celebration of success
Accountability – proactively taking ownership for outstanding results
Networking – we work as a team, locally and globally, helping and supporting each other
Trust – mutual responsibility and open communication
Learn more and check out current job openings: