NEW YORK - Aug 13, 2013
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced a worldwide partnership with CAD Service, a provider of CAD-led asset management software. Through the strategic partnership, Infor will integrate CAD Service's software with its Infor EAM application to deliver superior graphical representation of asset-related information to customers across the globe. Infor EAM OpenCAD will help customers to save time, improve processes and boost the effectiveness of asset management programs by allowing customers to view assets through the OpenCAD interface from within the Infor EAM application, without the need to run a separate graphic tool.
- Infor will integrate OpenCAD with its Infor EAM application to help organizations boost asset visibility in a CAD format, without the need to run two or more separate systems to achieve this combined functionality within the EAM application.
- By enabling asset visibility in a CAD format, Infor EAM OpenCAD will deliver greater efficiencies to improve productivity, achieve greater accuracy, and promote tighter management of EAM programs through more detailed representations of the various aspects of an organization's asset management strategy.
- This visual approach is simpler to use and enables asset-related decisions to be made more quickly and confidently.
- Infor EAM OpenCAD supports both DWG and DGN drawing formats so graphics can be accessed more immediately using the software's integrated auto-discovery capabilities. Once incorporated into the system, modifications can be made easily without using AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Global customers already using the application include Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE), Cornèr Banca and Gruppo Coin.
- UK-based defense leader AWE is one of the first organizations to deploy the integrated application and is using Infor EAM OpenCAD to support risk and compliance across the business.
- Swiss Banking Group Cornèr Banca uses Infor EAM OpenCAD to graphically view, analyze and navigate drawings and plans to create a GUI (graphical user interface) for asset activities and space management, crucially without the need to deploy separate CAD applications.
"As organizations remain focused on lowering costs, improving service levels and implementing green initiatives through best-in-class asset management, speed and responsiveness are fundamental," comments Kevin Price, product director, Infor EAM. "With this partnership, Infor EAM OpenCAD makes the tracking of asset usage, visualization of work areas and sourcing of information faster and easier. This more accessible, detailed visibility can increase asset reliability, reduce costs, lower energy usage and support regulatory compliance while making the task much simpler for the user."
About CAD Service
CAD Service was founded in Parma in 1989. Today the company is focused on the provision of IT software and services which help organizations to manage their assets with reliability, accuracy and speed. For more information, visit www.cadservice.it/EN/index_EN.html.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.