NEW YORK - May 29, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the City of Moncton, located in New Brunswick, Canada, has completed an important step in its effort to deliver a step-change in public management through technology. The city has upgraded to the latest version of the Infor Public Sector suite (Hansen), including Infor Community Development Regulation (CDR), Work Management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Next, the city will implement Infor Ming.leTM to integrate information from these systems into a centralized, enterprise-wide collaboration platform to help optimize employee interactions and allow users to follow information via events, people, activities and tasks within their organization.
Key city officials elected to upgrade in order to remain current on their Infor applications and to benefit from the customer service functionality and added flexibility. The project, which was completed under budget in only five months, allows the city to more easily change and integrate new applications in the future.
- Infor applications have simplified daily tasks for City of Moncton users by reducing the number of systems that they utilize. In the past, employees had to access components such as the Geographic Information System (GIS) separately. Now, with an integrated approach, they have a more holistic view of critical data directly through the Infor system.
- The city has the option to easily configure the overall look-and-feel of the applications and can tailor screens to deliver role-specific information to end users. Through faster access to real-time data, Infor helps to increase the speed and efficiency for employees in their day-to-day processes.
- Now that the city is utilizing a web-based version of Infor applications, they expect to require less support from the internal IT department. Users can also access the system from any location, as there is no longer a need to physically install applications on each employee's computer.
- In the future, the city plans to deploy Infor Ming.le to facilitate greater collaboration and communication between users and activities. The implementation of Infor Ming.le will allow users to follow event-driven tasks and utilize valuable information in real-time. This style of next-generation connectivity enables users to work smarter and faster by staying up to speed with events as they unfold. City officials and management are also considering the use of Infor MotionTM to provide users in the field with direct access via their mobile device.
Infor Public Sector delivers a complete suite of solutions specifically designed for all levels of government and public organizations. Currently used by more than 3,600 public organizations globally, including 16 of the 20 largest US cities and 19 of the 20 largest states, Infor Public Sector helps optimize capital investments, maximize revenue, improve cross-agency collaboration, and help public sector organizations to better serve the growing expectations of citizens. Learn more at www.infor.com/publicsector.
City of Moncton Quote
"This project has helped to simplify our daily operations by eliminating the need for employees to log in to multiple applications. Daily processes are now much more streamlined" said Ryan Sorrey, IT service delivery manager, City of Moncton. "Upgrading also allows us to benefit from recent innovations like Infor Ming.le, which will help us to deliver better service to citizens by promoting connectivity and collaboration between city departments."
"Infor continuously enhances our products for the public sector so we can help long-time customers like City of Moncton keep pace with evolving challenges and expectations from citizens," said Kevin Curry, senior vice president, Public Sector, Infor. "By using our latest applications in conjunction with innovations such as Infor Ming.le and Infor Motion, organizations can continue to enhance productivity and efficiency with a unified suite that is designed to meet industry-specific needs."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
About City of Moncton
The City of Moncton is located in Westmorland County in southeastern New Brunswick, Canada. Dubbed the "hub city" because of its central location and historic role as a railway and land transportation center, Moncton is positioned in the center of the Maritime Provinces. For more information, please visit www.moncton.ca.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers