NEW YORK - Jan 12, 2015
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced the availability of the next generation of Infor Learning Management, a cloud-based application that will help customers meet learning, training and development needs. Infor Learning Management is an innovative platform that combines a learning management system (LMS), a learning content management system (LCMS), content authoring, advanced reporting, social collaboration and community learning, mobile learning, and certification/compliance management.
The most recent release, version 9.0, includes important enhancements designed to empower managers and learners through the use of improved content creation tools, auditing controls, and tracking, and supports delivery of knowledge across the extended enterprise, including customers, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and other stakeholders. Now, Infor Learning Management provides a plug-in for direct integration into the Infor Ming.le environment, a comprehensive platform for social collaboration, which enables Single-Sign-On into the system. Users are able to open courses, as well as share LMS screens, directly from Infor Ming.le, making the process much more efficient and collaborative.
Infor Learning Management is geared to help organizations quickly drive performance and productivity, and encompasses all aspects of the learning process in an organization. Additional key feature enhancements include:
- More mobile support. Infor Learning Management now enables organizations to use built-in HTML5 templates, or create their own, to allow for mobile learning on Apple iOS devices.
- Reduced administrative effort when distributing content to users. Version 9.0 enables the creation of distribution rules for courses so that they can be assigned to users automatically based on user profiles - making the experience more personalized and efficient.
- Better tracking of user training. Now, organizations have better insight into tracking different types of training, such as user-submitted training and certification, Continuing Education (CE) credits, and granting users credit for courses that do not comply with eLearning standards.
- Additional language support. This new update is now localized in the Portal and Learner course player in Indonesian, Korean, Malaysian, Spanish (Mexico), Thai, and Vietnamese.
"Having an educated workforce is at the heart of any successful organization, and by implementing advanced learning tools, organizations are able to significantly improve the performance of their people in the workplace, which directly impacts bottom line results," said Charles Cagle, senior vice president, HCM Operations, Infor. "Infor continues to invest and develop its human capital management solutions so our customers have leading edge technology to streamline everyday tasks and keep them as competitive as possible in the marketplace."
For more information visit: www.infor.com/product_summary/hcm/learning-management/
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest US healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
- 21 of the top 30 global banks
- 6 of the top 10 global luxury brands