Stockholm - Feb 04, 2014
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Swedish outdoor and sports company Thule Group has extended its investment in Infor M3. The upgrade is part of an ongoing business transformation project that has seen Thule Group expand its product range and reach directly to the consumer, which has placed new demands and challenges on its global business processes.
- The latest version of Infor M3 is now used by more than 425 employees across Thule Outdoor division. The system supports sales, production and warehouse facilities in Sweden, Poland, Germany, France, Belgium and Italy.
- As Thule Group has diversified, it has needed to improve processes such as sales management and order entry and exploit new technologies. This includes mobile devices in the warehouse, to deliver faster service.
- Making use of the 'mashups' technology available within M3, the enterprise search capability will help improve customer service at Thule Group by improving visibility into individual activity.
- Infor Warehouse Mobility will also be deployed to improve shipping with pick and pack processes, as order volume increases.
- Infor Consulting Services undertook the upgrade throughout Thule Group, bringing the project in on time and on budget.
"We still retain some more of our traditional manufacturer requirements such as EDI," said Daniel Rönnertz, process development manager, Thule Group. "But based on our consumer focused model with a greater volume of customers and order lines, we have increased our investment in M3 to exploit some of the new functionality. We are looking for faster, leaner processes, more in line with serving retail customers."
"The changes underway at Thule are a textbook example of the shifts facing many manufacturers across Europe," said Henrik Billgren, Infor's vice-president of global M3 product development, based in Sweden. "The technology and processes supporting these changes are aimed at improving the agility and speed of the business.
"In a recent whitepaper 'In Pursuit of Operational Excellence: Accelerating Business Change Through Next Generation ERP,' IDC reported that when asked what was on their three-year ERP wish list, 72% of the manufacturers surveyed said, 'React faster to the changes the business needs'. Speed, especially the speed of change, is now one of the most key competitive differentiators for manufacturers," said Billgren.
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
About Thule Group
Thule Group is a world leader in products that make it easy for people to transport the things they care for - easy, securely and in style. Under the motto Active Life, Simplified, Thule Group offers products within four segments: Outdoor & Bags (equipment and carriers for cycling, water and winter sports, roof boxes, bike trailers, baby joggers, laptop and camera bags, backpacks and cases for mobile handheld devices), Towing (towbars) and Trailers (trailers for the semi- and professional users). Thule Group has approximately 3,400 employees at more than 50 production facilities and sales offices worldwide. Sales in 2012 amounted to SEK 5.8 billion.
Find out more at www.thulegroup.com