There has never been a more important time in history where businesses have needed to be agile in the face of change as this past year. 2020 will go down in the history books as the year that was a catalyst for organizational transformation. And yet, in the face of unprecedented change, businesses remain under increasing pressure to do more with less in this fluid business climate.
There is no denying that 2020 brought more change to the world than we care to ever see again, however whether change is planned or unexpected, it tends to increase operational complexity and is almost always disruptive to an organization. This is especially the case when an organization is going through a digital transformation. However, it is important to realize that a digital transformation is not only about simply implementing more technology or making operational changes to standard business procedures – it’s about reimagining the entire business model to be more resilient in the future.
Unlock value and mitigate disruption with managed services
Businesses have realized very quickly that aging technology platforms are no longer able to support a remote workforce and that meeting customer needs don’t diminish in the face of change. The time to reinvent and adapt to the changing landscape is now.
The path to reinvention can be achieved by leveraging a managed services approach to help minimize the disruption associated with both anticipated and unanticipated change. A managed services provider (MSP) delivers proven processes, professional oversight, specific software knowledge, and industry-specific knowledge to support and maintain multiple facets of an organization’s IT requirements. When entrusting an MSP to manage day-to-day processes and provide oversight and insights, an organization can concentrate on doing what they do best – running their business.
Thrive in times of change
Aligning the benefits of engaging an MSP to an organization’s business objectives will ensure deliver the results needed for successful organizations to thrive in times of change.
Some of the benefits of engaging an MSP include:
- Scalability. An organization’s technology needs often fluctuate over time. An MSP can respond to these changing requirements in real time; thereby mitigating disruption and providing business continuity.
- Access to expertise. Any time new technology is introduced, there is a learning curve. This could present a challenge for a less experienced IT team, and this is where an MSP shines.
- Cost savings. One of the biggest benefits of engaging an MSP is the cost savings. Costs associated with overhead, hiring, and enabling new IT staff are reduced when engaging an MSP.
- Support on demand. Most MSPs provide 24/7 support that is offered in multiple time zones and languages. This reduces the chance of unnecessary business downtime that can negatively impact operational effectiveness.
- Proactive vs. reactive approach. Costly downtime can be avoided when engaging an MSP, as they take a proactive approach to monitor and manage an organization’s infrastructure and can recognize, analyze, and troubleshoot any issues before they impact the business.
- Compliance. Meeting changing compliance requirements can keep a CIO up at night. But leveraging an MSP can shift that responsibility by ensuring that an organization’s technology systems adhere to national and international standards.
Read this newly published Best Practice Guide “How managed services can streamline a digital transformation” to learn how forward-thinking businesses can leverage an MSP to mitigate disruption in times of change.
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours