Stagecoach Digitalises Asset Management with Infor EAM
Infor CloudSuite EAM and Sapphire Systems help leading bus company increase fleet availability and boost maintenance efficiency
LONDON – February 24, 2020 – Infor, a global leader in business cloud software specialised by industry, today announced that Stagecoach, the largest bus and coach operator in the UK, has selected Infor CloudSuite EAM (enterprise asset management) in the cloud. Deployed and supported by Infor partner Sapphire Systems, the solution will help digitalise asset management at the bus company, and drive greater fleet availability to enhance service provision.
With express and local bus services across the UK, as well as a network of intercity operations under the megabus brand, Stagecoach has a large and widespread asset portfolio. Faced with a need to modernise and fully digitalise its asset management practices, Stagecoach selected Infor CloudSuite EAM to support fleet availability, facilitate comprehensive warranty management and expedite vehicle recovery.
Infor was selected based on its technology platform, scalability and fit with Stagecoach’s wider digital transformation goals. The software’s user friendliness and speed of performance were also key to the decision. Infor CloudSuite EAM is a SaaS solution developed and deployed on the AWS cloud, delivering high performance, scalability, and security.
“With 8,300 buses, 100 depots and 2.5 million passenger journeys to support every day, ensuring fleet availability is crucial,” comments Sam Greer, Stagecoach technical & engineering services director. “Infor CloudSuite EAM will enable our team to spend more time on the shop floor and less time manually inputting data.This not only ensures information is accurate, supporting warranty and service management, but more importantly is providing additional capability to help drive operational excellence with a key focus on vehicle availability and reliability, improving service delivery to our passengers. In addition, more accurate, live insight into our asset management will allow us greater control over inventory, so it’s a great all-round solution for us.”
“We’re seeing significant demand for digital asset management capabilities in the transportation industry as operators and local authorities recognise that solutions such as Infor CloudSuite EAM can not only boost fleet availability and customer satisfaction, but reduce costs too,” comments Kevin Price, Infor technical product evangelist & product strategist. “Stagecoach is a great example of a company that is investing in innovation and digital capabilities to secure its position as a leading operator not just now, but in the future.”
“Our partnership with Infor in this field continues to deliver best-in-class expertise and capabilities, allowing transport organisations to optimise their assets,” comments Ian Caswell, Sapphire Systems CEO. “Through offering deep industry expertise and experience, and modern, scalable technology tailored for the needs of the sector, we look forward to extending our joint proposition and expanding our customer base even further.”
# # #
- Stagecoach is one of Britain's leading public transport businesses, helping connect communities for 40 years.
- Its team of 24,000 people and 8,300 buses, coaches and trams are part of the fabric of daily life in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Stagecoach connects people with jobs, skills and training, brings customers to high streets, connects tourists with visitor attractions, and draws families, friends and communities together.
- Stagecoach is Britain's biggest bus and coach operator. It runs megabus, the market-leading value coach operator, and Scottish Citylink, which connects 200 locations across Scotland. In Sheffield, it also operates the Supertram light-rail network.
- Stagecoach is proud to serve communities in major cities including London, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Sheffield, Oxford and Cambridge, as well as rural locations from the highlands and islands of Scotland to Wales and south-west England.
- The company’s impact is about far more than transport. Stagecoach supports the economy, helps cut congestion and boosts safety on the roads, protects the environment and air quality, and contributes to a healthier nation.
Infor is a global leader in business cloud software specialized by industry. With 17,300 employees and over 68,000 customers in more than 170 countries, Infor software is designed for progress. To learn more, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- The top 20 aerospace companies
- 9 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 14 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 19 of the 20 largest U.S. cities
- 18 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 14 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 13 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
- 17 of the top 20 global banks
- 9 of the 10 largest global hotel brands
- 7 of the top 10 global luxury brands
About Sapphire Systems
Sapphire Systems is a leading global provider of enterprise software, delivering cloud-based industry specific solutions. With over 1,000 customers worldwide, Sapphire partners with market-leading software authors, develops unique customisations, and offers unrivalled customer service and support. Headquartered in London with offices across the United Kingdom, United States, Latin America and Asia, Sapphire offers 24-hour support and has extensive knowledge and experience in helping clients to achieve a measurable return on investment. For more information, visit www.sapphiresystems.com.
# # #
For more information:
- Press Releases
- Infor EAM