Infor + GT Nexus
Infor has acquired GT Nexus, the world's largest cloud-based global commerce platform. GT Nexus and Infor's offerings are highly complementary and the acquisition will enable Infor to create the first global commerce cloud providing end-to-end visibility and control across physical and financial supply chains.
"Together, Infor and GT Nexus will provide customers with unprecedented visibility into their supply chains to manage production and monitor goods in transit and at rest. In a complex, high velocity supply chain, all partners need to know what was ordered, when it was built, where it is in transit, if the order has changed, and if it has cleared customs. Specialization and speed are moving the future of manufacturing into the commerce cloud."
CEO of Infor
Setting the stage for what's next: end-to-end commerce in the cloud
GT Nexus at a glance
The GT Nexus network integrates directly with the order management system of companies and transmits order information to their suppliers, freight carriers, and logistics providers.
- Headquarters: Oakland, CA
- Founded: 1999
- Employees: approximately 1,000
- Customers: more than 25,000 businesses use the GT Nexus platform, including adidas Group, Caterpillar, Columbia Sportswear, DHL, Home Depot, Levi Strauss & Co., Maersk, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, and UPS
- 25,000 trading partners use the GT Nexus cloud to track and process orders, invoices, shipments, inventory, receipts, customs documentation, financing, and payments
- GT Nexus is used in 66 countries, with 30 financial institutions managing more than $100bn in goods each year in the GT Nexus cloud
- Website: http://www.gtnexus.com/
GT Nexus is the world's best and largest cloud-based global commerce platform
- GT Nexus is the “network of networks” platform designed specifically for multi-enterprise collaboration and commerce in the cloud. Deployed as a single, multi-tenant technology stack, the GT Nexus platform is built for scale and broad adoption, enabling companies and their partners to quickly connect as collaborating networks, on a many-to-many model.
- The GT Nexus network integrates directly with the order management system of brand owners and transmits order information to their suppliers, freight carriers, and logistics providers. GT Nexus becomes the order management system for the network by managing the master record of the order across multiple partners.
- GT Nexus transmits an order and subsequent changes from the brand owners to the contractor. GT Nexus also schedules freight carriers, generates customs documents, and transmits shipments down to sensors on the container aboard ship. When buyers have a customer waiting on an order and need to know in real time if an order has been delayed, shipped, cleared customs, or is in transit or inventory, they use GT Nexus.
"I’m pretty excited about the future and what we can do together. I think it is a very complementary marriage of two companies."
GT Nexus will extend Infor beyond the four walls of the enterprise
- Infor’s CloudSuite ERP applications help manufacturers plan, schedule, orchestrate, and monitor shop floor production inside the walls of the enterprise. The continued shift toward contract manufacturing moves the shop floor outside of the brand owner's ERP system to the ERP of their suppliers.
- In the future, the best companies won’t act as a single organization, disconnected from one another, but as interconnected, agile business networks that operate far more efficiently and much more quickly than the companies we know. It is already common practice for a single product to be designed, manufactured, and shipped by multiple companies, requiring new levels of coordination.
- Together, GT Nexus and Infor provide brand owners with global order visibility so they can monitor, manage, and optimize their internal operations as well as the operations of their partners. The cloud was designed to enable this type of collaboration.
- GT Nexus and Infor CloudSuite have similar architectures. Both have a single canonical map for orders, are event driven, and make use of open-source components.
- Infor and GT Nexus will offer unprecedented supply chain visibility; read the white paper
Infor and GT Nexus will redefine modern manufacturing and global trade with the world’s first commerce cloud
- Multi-enterprise partners will collaborate in Infor's commerce cloud to design, plan, build, ship, and deliver products faster and more accurately matched to actual demand with less buffer inventory.
- Together, Infor and GT Nexus will provide customers a global commerce cloud with unprecedented supply chain visibility to control and optimize production, goods in transit and at rest. Benefits will include reduced inventory buffer in the supply chain, faster delivery times, optimized transit costs, and the ability to handle frequent order changes based on market conditions.
- The combination of Infor CloudSuite applications and the GT Nexus cloud will represent the future of multi-enterprise manufacturing and commerce. Increasing specialization creates more complex supply chains that require a unifying cloud service that will replace monolithic ERP systems.
- Infor and GT Nexus will help companies adopt a robust two-tier ERP strategy. The monolithic, legacy on-premises ERP systems at corporate headquarters are largely running general ledgers. Replicating that expensive and overly complex footprint for specialized remote plants or in emerging markets is not economically feasible. Instead, a cloud-based manufacturing and logistics application can easily integrate manufacturing locations around the world to share financial, order, and shipment data.
"GT Nexus gives us greater visibility and insights into the supply chain, enabling us to reduce transportation lead time variability, decrease in-transit inventory, and improve our customer centric perfect order fulfillment goals. Operating smarter and more efficiently through cloud based connectivity helps us better serve our customers."
Director of Global Provider Management
Find out more
Follow the story, join the story: #CommerceCloud
Learn more about GT Nexus:
- GT Nexus: Global supply chain management in the cloud
- GT Nexus industries
- GT Nexus customers
- The power of networked companies
Get in touch:
What the analysts are saying:
- Bloomberg: Infor to buy GT Nexus for $675 million as CEO Phillips bulks up
- ZDNet: Infor to acquire GT Nexus for $675 million
- IDG News: Infor seeks to strengthen cloud footing with $675M GT Nexus buy
- Wall Street Journal: Infor buys supply chain management firm GT Nexus
- Fortune: Cloud upstart Infor pays $675 million for commerce platform
- Constellation Research (R Ray Wang): Infor moves towards a cloud network economy with acquisition of GT Nexus
- Diginomica: Infor buys GT Nexus in bid to own the "Commerce Cloud"
- Computer Business Review: Infor broadens reach with €430m GT Nexus purchase
- Mint Jutras: Post-modern ERP meets #CommerceCloud: Infor to acquire GT Nexus
- Logistics Management: Infor announces plans to acquire GT Nexus
The cloud supply chain platform.