Angus Fire Boosts Visibility with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Angus Fire, a manufacturer of fire protection products such as fire hoses, pumps, extinguishers and fire fighting foam, has selected Infor SyteLine to support its global operations. Infor SyteLine will be deployed in its US operation first (National Foam Inc), followed by the UK and France (Eau et Feu). By standardizing on a common platform, Angus Fire anticipates improved visibility, greater productivity and cost savings.
- Following a Management Buyout (MBO) in 2013, the company required a common ERP system for its operations in the UK, US and France.
- While the UK and France had already used an earlier version of Infor SyteLine for 15 years, customization had restricted capabilities in certain areas as the company expanded, making upgrading difficult. The US operation was running JD Edwards.
- As part of their two-year strategic plan, the US is expected to go live with Infor SyteLine in March 2014, followed by the UK, then France.
- Through adopting a common ERP platform Angus Fire expects to gain greater insight into the business, reduce costs, and improve management reporting.
- By implementing the latest version of SyteLine, Angus Fire is expected to benefit from integrated quote-to-order processes; improved productivity; higher service levels and greater profitability.
- Angus Fire selected Infor SyteLine based on proven performance, a strong relationship with the Infor team, and the fast timescales facilitated by Infor's Fast Track program.
Angus Fire Quote
"Following the MBO in June 2013, we needed to ensure that we evaluated all areas of the business to ensure we were in the best position to capitalize on growth," said Paul Williams, chief executive officer, Angus Fire. "We recognized that disparate ERP systems would hamper this goal, and based on the proven capabilities of Infor SyteLine in our UK and French operations, we decided to standardize on the application globally. As the project is rolled out we anticipate tighter processes, greater visibility and ultimately a better service to our customers."
"Manufacturers need to be equipped with the right processes and software to capitalize on opportunities and exploit growth," said Mark Humphlett, industrial manufacturing industry director, Infor. "An MBO comes with significant pressure to deliver against objectives and demonstrate value to investors, and through standardizing on Infor SyteLine globally, Angus Fire is well positioned to achieve this, running the business with greater insight and foresight."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- Industrial Manufacturing
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours