CAT Dealer Pon Builds on Infor as a Platform for Growth
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Pon Equipment Denmark has gone live on Infor M3 for Equipment as the first stage in an international roll out that will span Denmark, The Netherlands, Sweden and Norway. The project is set to deliver the benefits of process standardization and improved customer service to Pon's Equipment and Power organizations.
- Pon is one of Europe's largest Caterpillar dealerships and service providers.
- Following a period of substantial growth, the Pon Equipment and Power group had a complex arrangement of 13 legacy ERP systems and more than two hundred supporting applications.
- Following a thorough review of the market, Pon decided to standardize on Infor M3 for Equipment, in line with the corporate strategy "Get, Keep, Grow."
- Pon Equipment Denmark was fully transactional within two hours after go-live including customer orders, invoices and parts picking.
- The application was deployed to help Pon standardize processes across the Pon Equipment and Power group, improve collaboration and reduce inventory.
- With a single platform across the Pon Equipment and Power group, Pon aims to eliminate duplication, cut the time spent in data collection and enable back office teams to spend more time analyzing and focusing on customer development.
- In addition, Pon expects to drive top line growth by improving its quote processes to increase the number of quotes sent out.
We anticipate a wide range of benefits from a standardized way of working supported by one system across the Pon Equipment and Power group," explains Göran Carlson, CEO of Pon Equipment and Power. "The key to realizing this return on our investment is not only the industry-specific capabilities of Infor M3 but also our commitment to the program. By the end of the project we will have over 1500 users on M3, so we have made substantial investments in training throughout the company and will learn a great deal from this initial implementation."
"Across the industry, Infor M3 for Equipment is becoming the preferred platform for CAT dealers," said Warren Smith, industry strategy director, Equipment, Infor. "In order to make better and faster decisions, equipment dealers and rental organizations need improved visibility of their processes throughout the equipment lifecycle. Having one source of information not only helps to reduce total cost of ownership, but also enables better customer service through a real-time flow of accurate information. Companies then have more opportunity to innovate and create a platform to achieve sustained growth."
"We continue to invest in or offerings to the Equipment industry, most recently seen in our Implementation Accelerator. With such a proactive drive for the industry, we are very pleased to see our industry-specific strategy validated by key players such as Pon."
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America