CDS Co-Operatives Builds Better Customer Service with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that CDS Co-Operatives, the largest secondary housing co-operative in England, has invested in Infor SunSystems. The application replaces a spreadsheet-based approach and will help to improve reporting capabilities, enhance service levels to clients and accelerate payments.
- CDS Co-Operative is the largest secondary housing co-operative in England. It not only serves tenants of its own but also provides financial and housing services to other co-operatives.
- Its previous legacy finance application could not deliver the management accounting capabilities CDS required to support all areas of its business. This led to a reliance on spreadsheets, which was not only time intensive but led to staff being used for low-level tasks such as data entry, instead of delivering business analysis. There was also a cumbersome paper-based invoicing process that took up substantial amounts of time.
- As part of a thorough review of systems, CDS sought to enable online access to accounts and remove the manual elements of data entry.
- Infor SunSystems is in use in almost 20% of the housing associations in the UK.
- CDS chose Infor SunSystems on the basis of its reporting functionality, the application's intuitive ease of use and Infor's commitment to an accelerated deployment time table.
- Of particular importance was the fact that Infor Q&A enables CDS' clients to write and run their own reports quickly and easily.
- Infor SunSystems will be integrated with CDS' existing housing management software.
CDS Co-Operatives Quote
"Moving away from our legacy application and reliance on spreadsheets represented a major challenge for us. We had to identify and select a new application quickly, but when our senior executive team met Infor this provided us with the necessary confidence that SunSystems would be able to develop the reporting that we wanted," said Suzanne Twerdochilb, finance director, CDS Co-Operative. "We were also looking for a stable supplier that has a long-term investment in its financial applications. The recent developments that have gone into Infor's modern user interface and functionality upgrades showed that Infor is truly committed to SunSystems. The ability to integrate with other systems, in particular our housing management software was also critical, as we anticipate further change."
"Delivering a faster, more bespoke service to clients with better emphasis on analysis, rather than data entry, means CDS can develop a competitive edge to keep it at the forefront of housing in the UK," said Jon Casey, director, financial management solutions, Infor. "Faster reports mean quicker payments and better control of finances, but without sacrificing the room for future growth or inhibiting other operations. Because of the unique nature of CDS, providing services to other co-operatives, the open integration of SunSystems delivers not only immediate benefits but an application that the organisation can build on for the future."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor SunSystems - http://www.infor.com/product_summary/fms/sunsystems-enterprise/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
# # #
- Press Releases
We'll be in touch.