City of Corpus Christi Upgrades IT Infrastructure with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the City of Corpus Christi has purchased the full Infor Lawson suite to replace its current PeopleSoft enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Located on the southern coast of Texas, the local government also selected Infor Workforce Management, Infor Corporate Performance Management, Infor Expense Management, Infor Onboarding, part of the Infor Enwisen HR Service Delivery suite of products, and Infor ION to enable real-time connectivity between its new applications and manage operations within a single unified system.
- Each application will be hosted within the Infor Business Cloud, helping to reduce the city's reliance on its internal hardware infrastructure, decrease support costs and maintain IT headcount in the future. The move to Infor solutions will allow employees to utilize one login to access systems and enable visibility across multiple departments.
- With an increasingly tech-savvy demographic of constituents, city stakeholders opted to upgrade with Infor's user-friendly systems, due in part to their inherent flexibility with social and mobile technologies. Infor applications are compatible with multiple mobile platforms, helping to deliver anywhere, anytime information to citizens and enable a more agile workforce.
- Infor's flexible applications will allow the City of Corpus Christi to improve upon established processes and facilitate greater efficiency. The enhanced visibility into citywide operations will enable decision-makers to easily identify areas for improvement and make necessary adjustments to daily practices.
- Infor applications provide automatic data transfers in real-time, to increase accuracy and decrease the amount of manual entry work for users so they can focus on providing better service to citizens.
- The City of Corpus Christi will experience a higher level of connectivity between key financial processes such as billing, accounts payable, cash management, and day-to-day operations. This level of improved collaboration will positively impact reporting and further facilitate superior budgetary decisions by providing department managers with in-depth insight into city spending.
City of Corpus Christi Quote
"With our current ERP system we have as many as 80 different disparate interfaces city-wide. Anytime we make a change it breaks an interface, which is expensive and difficult to maintain," said Michael Armstrong, CIO, City of Corpus Christi. "Infor ION will help to remedy these issues because it will flexibly connect both our Infor and third-party systems, allowing real-time information transfer so we can report horizontally across our organization and eliminate data silos."
"Infor understands how the public sector differs from the private sector, particularly in regard to financials, which allows us to deliver solutions with industry-specific transparency and reporting needs in mind," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Our product suite is tailored for customers like the City of Corpus Christi who are looking for the latest technology - cloud, mobility, social applications - but also want something that's reliable and will continue to meet their changing needs in the future."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/
- Infor Public Sector for State and Local Governments - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/state-local/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About City of Corpus Christi
The City of Corpus Christi is a multi-cultural community located 140 miles southeast of San Antonio on Corpus Christi Bay, an inlet off the Gulf of Mexico. The City comprises of a population of 305,215 and is the fifth largest port in the nation. This All-America City is the 8th largest city in Texas and key industries include petrochemicals, military and tourism. For more information visit us at www.cctexas.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
We'll be in touch.