City of Vancouver Speeds Permitting and Planning with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the City of Vancouver, Wash., has successfully implemented Infor Public Sector for Community Development and Regulatory processes (CDR). The city previously used Infor Public Sector, formerly Hansen 7, for utility billing and asset management and is expected to complete upgrades for these modules in the upcoming year with the help of Infor channel partner BakerCrew Consulting. By standardizing on the latest release of Infor Public Sector, the city will benefit from a unified database and single sign-on access to all applications.
- Infor Public Sector CDR provides a unified system for multiple departments to simultaneously track permitting and project approvals in real-time. For example, professional reviewers involved with land entitlement, building and engineering approvals now have greater ease in tracking permit history for all transactions, which promotes better collaboration and decisions with approving projects.
- The system delivers automated, workflow-driven processes that allow users to easily determine next steps. The city was also able to combine workflows, such as permitting for commercial buildings and multi-family buildings, to further simplify operations and reduce the amount of work for employees.
- City of Vancouver reduced their number of permit applications by nearly 50 percent using Infor Public Sector CDR and can now integrate with third-party systems, which will facilitate easier data transfer and help to decrease complexity for employees.
- The system automatically calculates city fees, reducing manual entry requirements for users and facilitating easier compliance with government regulations by providing visibility into fee processing.
City of Vancouver Quote
"We previously relied on staff to remember the progress of workflows, which often led to inconsistencies," said Larry Vasquez, development review division manager, City of Vancouver. "Now users can look to our Infor system to identify the next steps or milestones in the process, which promotes faster and more consistent progress for plan review and permitting."
BakerCrew Consulting Quote
"During the implementation we worked with the City of Vancouver to examine established processes and pinpoint areas for improvement," said Byron Baker, vice president, BakerCrew Consulting. "As a result of Infor Public Sector CDR, their operations are now more efficient and supported by automated workflows."
"Local governments must keep pace with permit applications and license requests, even when budget and staffing levels are down," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Infor Public Sector CDR delivers easy-to-use tools and the flexibility to personalize workflows, helping cities like Vancouver to increase speed and efficiency for better service to citizens."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/
- Infor Public Sector for State and Local Government - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/state-local/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About City of Vancouver
Vancouver is the fourth largest city in the state of Washington and is a part of Clark County, the oldest and fastest growing county in the state. It's located just north of Portland and 100 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. For more information, visit www.cityofvancouver.us or www.visitvancouverusa.com.
About BakerCrew Consulting, Inc.
BakerCrew Consulting is an IT consulting firm focused on delivering quality technical services for the public sector. Founded in 2006, BakerCrew Consulting has successfully implemented Infor Public Sector, formerly known as Hansen, with numerous cities and counties throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.bakercrewconsulting.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
We'll be in touch.